1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Forced to go back to Charter Cable-YUK!

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by KellyLynn32, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KellyLynn32

KellyLynn32 New Member

Jan 31, 2004
    I have a PVR 721 that I love, but I'm moving to a cable only community. Is there ANY way to get my PVR 721 to be able to record cable broadcasts?

2. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Just what crap says they're legal about "cable only" ? Last I heard you can put a dish anywhere that's your exclusive control.

And no -Dish PVR's only record what comes over the dish - no cable or OTA.

3. Orcatek

Orcatek Legend

May 1, 2003
    scooper is correct.

Legally there is no such thing as a cable only community. If you have a yard, roof, or balcony that you own, or is for your sole use and control - you can use your dish.

Now they may send you nasty letters, but people here will be more than willing to give you a copy of the FCC rulings that give you the right to keep your dish. Send it to them and they will back down - albeit they could force you to fight, even though they will lose.

Good luck.

4. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Make "them" sue you. The law about your absolute right to have a dish and/or an OTA antenna is 100% clear. You will win and they will pay your costs. Most "thems" back down when they see the FCC rules in writing.

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    The link is in my Sig...

(On a crusade to educate the unknowing on this matter)...

6. 88fan

88fan Legend

Jan 22, 2004
    If you can't have a dish in a cable community, then I'm in a lot of trouble! Yeh right! NOT! You can have a dish anywhere you want, and don't let somebody tell you can't.

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    No, the DVR can only record the signal that comes from dish network.

You say a "cable only community". Is this a house or an apartment? Is this a lease, mortgage, or rental unit?

8. Mike Richardson

Mike Richardson Banned User

Jun 12, 2003
  9. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Let's assume for argument that you're moving to an apartment with absolutely no southern views. So who made you move there?

I'm sorry to be unsympathetic, but back when I shopped for apartments, the first thing I checked was the channel selection. Moving somewhere and complaining about its inaccessability to satellite TV is like moving next to a water treatment plant then complaining about the smell.

10. retiredTech

retiredTech Icon

Oct 27, 2003
    Find a "southern exposure" window and place your dish inside your home.

If you can't do that, then place it outside and camouflag it with plants,netting ect, just like the military.

Or be a rebel and display your dish proudly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.