1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose...

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Dignan2006, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dignan2006

Dignan2006 New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Forgive the noob in advance...

I just bought my first house and am looking to dump cable and go with Satellite.

I would like to have Satellite in 3 rooms total and one of them being a DVR/PVR. I have an LCD TV in our main viewing room but 2 other rooms are just Standard Definition TV's. So I would only need 1 HDTV - TIVO and the other 2 would be regular with no PVR.

I want to have HD chanels and HBO but, other than that I am not too picky about my programming. So, should I go with Direct TV or DISH? Do they both require a phone line or just Direct TV? What are the best new customer offers out there for both?

Thanks!
    Dignan

2. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Welcome to the Forum! DISH!

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Welcome to DBSTALK! :wave:

It looks like DishNetwork (E*) will be your best bet. E* has the most HD channels,
    currently at 30, and seems to have a greater commitment to HD than DirecTV (D*).

I would suggest that you check out the DishNetwork web site at www.dishnetwork.com, then either contact a local dealer in your area or call E* at 800-333-DISH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.