1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed with HR10-250

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by magyar01, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magyar01

magyar01 New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    I just installed a HR10-250. I want to use the dual tuner function but I only have 1 satellite feed on that side of the house. I have tried a RF splitter, that didn't work. I called DirecTv and they told me to get a digital splitter from Best Buy. I tried that but it passed no signals thru to the 250, at least I got some signal with the cheapie splitter. Running a second feed from my 4X8 switch in the basement in not an option on this side of the house(Slab floor, Cathedral ceiling, etc.) I would appreciate any help

Thanks

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    If all your dish lines are already going to a multiswitch, then you don't have any other option. You are going to have to run another line from the multiswitch.
    -
    Or, you could install a second dish and run two lines to your dvr from that.
    -
    Carl

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Or you can install a Multiswitch outside (obviously one rated to be exposed to the weather) so that you can have 8 feeds OUTSIDE (4 from the switch to your existing switch), and then the other to your area with the HR10-250.

Stacking technology (at least the relative cheap ones... $300 for the set) are only for the 101 sat, thus that would block out MOST of the DirecTV HD content.

See... www.tivocommunity.com for a forum dedicated to the HR10-250 (well pretty much dedicateD)

4. aandjw

aandjw Mentor

Nov 29, 2005
    You can stack the signal after the multiswitch and destack at the receiver to use only one cable and both tuners on the HR10-250. This will give you regular D* programming but no HD (and maybe no locals depending on where you live).....it only works on the 101 satellite signal. I convinced D* that I couldn't run a 2nd cable to this type of location on my house and they installed (for free) a 2nd AT9 dish on the other side of my house so I could have 2 cables run to the HR10-250 (and soon to the HR20 - HA!).

5. jdknocks

jdknocks Cool Member

Dec 22, 2005

If you have two sat feeds going to your switch you can use a diplexer. A diplexer will carry to feeds through one line, then use another diplexer at the DVR end to split into two. It works, I am doing it. It must be a diplexer not a splitter.

6. greywolf

greywolf DBSTalk Club Member

Jul 13, 2005
    A diplexer will only work with a sat line and an OTA antenna or cableTV line. It cannot be used with 2 sat lines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.