Help setting up DLNA server for Roku so I can stream video from my computer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by MChang, Apr 19, 2021.

1. MChang

MChang New Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I use windows 10 and have the Roku Ultra. I have a Netgear router that I own. I have been able to do this in the past. When I go to the Roku media display and click on it, it would bring up an icon for the computer. For some reason that no longer appears and I only get the two options USB or DLNA server. When I click on the DLNA server icon it says no content.

My files are stored in MY PC/videos on the computer. I have the option of a wired ethernet connection or wireless. Right now I have the computer and Roku on the same wireless network.

Do I need to move my video files into a different folder, really no idea why it did work and now it doesn't work.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    1. Settings
    2. Networking and Sharing Center
    3. Media streaming options
    Microsoft goes to a whole lot of trouble to hide things that were once considered fundamental.

3. MChang

MChang New Member

Aug 21, 2019
    Thanks for your help This was on before, but was somehow turned off? Much appreciated.

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Microsoft occasionally tinkers with stuff like this. They may also change your default web browser, default media player or picture viewer (oddly common).