1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Tuner 1 Sat,Record, T2, only Sat

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by saleen351, Dec 19, 2008.

1. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Why doesn't tuner 2 have Sat and Record?

Just got the box today, don't know the model, but it's black if that helps.

I just set the whole box up and started plugging in my shows and I have 2 shows set to record at 8pm and it won't let me..

Help!

Thanks

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Do you have two sat lines connected?

3. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Yes...

4. Clemsole

Clemsole Godfather

Sep 8, 2005
    Washington...
    What message does it give you when trying to record two shows at the same time?

5. bdcottle

bdcottle Legend

Mar 28, 2008
    I would try a menu reset first, if that doesn’t work I would try to rerun the satellite setup. I have seen that some of the installers have been installing the 3LNB Slimline instead of the 5LNB Slimline so check to see which dish you have and rerun the satellite setup.

6. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Things I did:

1. Unplugged
    2. Red reset twice
    3. Changed lines from tuner 1 to tuner 2
    4. Call DTV, they said the tuner is working but it's just not recording
    5. My other HR21 has both has Sat, Record whereas this one has one as Sat, Record and T2 as Sat
    6. The installer did change out my lnbs (if that is what they are called) I had 3 on my old one, now I have 1, Dtv said that shouldn't affect it.
    7. When I tried to record two shows or record 1 and change chan I have to cancel the conflict.
    8. DTV via the phone checked my sat setup and it was correct, locked us out of the menu for dual recording unless we changed it to swm but that wouldn't work since I don't have a swm, but we tried it anyways and it went no where.

7. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    What happens when you do a system test?

8. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Try going into to setup and changing the satellite type to a "wrong" configuration, save that, then go back in and change it to the "right" configuration. Sometimes that's what it takes to make it "wake up". Another thing you can try if that doesn't work is to unplug the cable form tuner #2, reboot, then reconnect the cable, and reboot again.

9. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    I've tried everything, the tech came out and tried everything and no one can get it to work. The box won't fully reset itself. So we tried downloading the software again that didn't work... 2nd doa HR22 in 1 day...

Thanks for the tips.

10. bdcottle

bdcottle Legend

Mar 28, 2008
    Is your dish one of these two?

Attached Files:

11. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Yes, what kind of Dish do you have?

12. Terry Kennedy

Terry Kennedy New Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Try having DirecTV resend the authorization to the box. You can do this over the phone or online at directv.com