1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with DirecTV App

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mccoady, Jun 25, 2018.

1. mccoady

mccoady AllStar

Jul 28, 2008
    Have no idea where I was supposed to ask this but guess it can be moved.

My wife just got put in a nursing home to recoup from bad knees and I’m needing to use the DirecTV app for the first time.

I’m trying to understand how this all works I’m on 0x1088 and using Whole-Home Genie HR44, Mini Genie, and HR24. I currently have Whole-Home configured where the Genie & Mini Genie can see the Playlist but not the HR24. I used the Genie & Mini Genie for my purposes and the HR24 was my wife’s.

Now with the DirecTV app being used on her iPad in a different WiFi location (nursing home) does that mean she should be able to stream everything on my Playlist?

What specific settings should the Genie Whole-Home & ipad app be set to to allow this?

Can the Genie Whole-Home still be set to only allow the app to just see and stream from her HR24 Playlist only?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Open the DirecTV app. Click on Browse for TV, then tap Playlist. Your home DVR needs to be powered on. It should take several seconds to activate the DVR, after which it will offer to download the Playlist. You can choose which DVR you want to access. You can also choose whether to display the Playlist as Posters or as a List. Hope this helps. If you have additional questions, I will try and help.

3. mccoady

mccoady AllStar

Jul 28, 2008
    Thanks for responding!

Ok I see in the app you can select to stream only from the HR24’s Playlist. Thanks!

4. mccoady

mccoady AllStar

Jul 28, 2008
    Have another question if you don't mind. I downloaded 1st & 2nd episodes of Yellowstone on my Genie to my iPad with no issues and it says it doesn't expire until 8/8 which is good. Episode three aired last night but today when it tried to download it I got it's not available.

It does put it in my Queue... will this go ahead and download at some point? Is it normally a certain period before you can download shows that just aired?