help with hr44/200

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by icr2002, Jul 14, 2019.

1. icr2002

icr2002 Mentor

Feb 26, 2005
    My unit keeps freezing up every once in a while once its on different channels. As I change the channels and stop it sits on the channel and shows the program but wont accept remote or front panel commands for over 5 to 10 seconds at a time . Its happening more often. Did a hard reset and no change. Any ideas? PS its not the remote batterys or remote.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I get the same thing on my HR24. There are also times of the day that it seems the system is overloaded and it will take the count of 10-12 before the receiver will react to the signal. A little later it works every time you click a button.
    You know it is not your remote if you pay attention to the receiver and it should blink the power light each time you press a remote button. If the light flashes and you keep pressing buttons it will eventually overload the sensor and stop working until it cools off.
    Wait: All of what I typed is using infrared signal. It is probably different using RF signal.

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Think about putting a new external hard drive on your HR if you still have the original HDD in your 44. As the HDDs age the HRs get slower and wonkier.

Rich

4. icr2002

icr2002 Mentor

Feb 26, 2005
    Esata or usb hard drive

5. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    eSATA. You have a SATA port on the back wall of your 44. The external device will have an eSATA port on it. The connection is made thru those ports. If you need help selecting external devices and drives we can lead you the process.

Rich