1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Movies Purchased on DTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by frapnitz, Jul 25, 2012.

1. frapnitz

frapnitz Cool Member

Nov 20, 2008
    I have never purchased a DTV movie. When paying for and downloading a movie, does it remain in your que until it is convenient for you to view it, or do you have to watch it "real-time?" We pretty much "time-shift" everything so this uncertainty has kept me from ordering any movies at all. Thanx from a movie newbie.....

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    The PPV movie will record for later viewing. You aren't charged until you start watching and once you pay and start watching you have 24 hours in which to watch the program as many times as you want - I don't think they give you longer than that. The next time you go to watch the PPV movie after the 24hr period, you have to pay again.

The PPV movie will stay on the DVR until you delete it or the expiration date arrives, you can't necessarily keep the PPV forever.

There are some exceptions to the above that I don't recall as I don't use PPV.

3. frapnitz

frapnitz Cool Member

Nov 20, 2008
    thanx.....that is the type of info I was looking for

4. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
  5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I believe the timeframe for how long you have to finish a movie once started is determined by the studio that released the movie. For example if it's a Sony movie maybe its 24 hours, if its a Warner movie maybe it's 48, etc.

I believe the window should be the same length on any provider that has it as a PPV option.

PPV events like UFC, Boxing, or Wrestling usually don't have any expiration date on them and you can usually watch them as many times as you want.