1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with RC64RBK Universal Back Lit Remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jostarr, Jan 16, 2009.

1. jostarr

jostarr AllStar

Dec 14, 2006
    I just received a new The Directtv-RC64RBK Universal Back Lit Remote.

I put the batteries in, and programmed the remote to my Vizio and a HC-20 Receiver. I did not see the back light during programming of the remote.

Later on, when I was showing the new remote to my wife, the back lighting started working. Then, later, it stopped working. The enclosed manual said nothing about back lighting that I could find.

Is there something I don't understand about the remote? Should the key pad be lit with every touch of any key?

Is it intermittent or defective? What do you recommend I do or try?

2. doctor j

doctor j Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 14, 2006
    Birmingham, Al.
  3. jostarr

jostarr AllStar

Dec 14, 2006
    Thanks, I'm not home now so don't have the remote in front of me. I see mention of the button on page 6. I must be blind, but I do not see the button on page 1. Where exactly is it and does it have any markings?

4. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I have a backlit 32RF and the button is in the same place. You can just make out the button on the right side of this RC64eBay image, to the right of the REC button:

[​IMG]

5. jostarr

jostarr AllStar

Dec 14, 2006
    Thanks to Steve and Doctor J. I should be able to find it when I get home from work tonight.

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Its not on the face of the remote, light button is along side wall of the remote, right side wall.

7. jostarr

jostarr AllStar

Dec 14, 2006
    Thanks, so much. I hope t6o find it tonight. I was 'in the dark'---lol.

8. jostarr

jostarr AllStar

Dec 14, 2006
    E dmund...I found the light button on the side. Justlike you said. Thanks.

Now, can you suggest some other IR codes for an Onkyo TX-SR304 receiver. I have found 4, but none work.

9. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca

with onkyo use of two-key power scheme, and add to that lone power key on the directv remotes, one of the commands ON or OFF will always be missing. Code 30135 gives ON, where 30842 gives you OFF.

the volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY audio code, not until you do the following, first there HAS to be a tv code programmed to the tv device or the volume keys won't work. Once there is a tv code its volume is now in the way, to remedy that do one of the following:

If you wish the onkyo volume in just one device:

1. av1 or av2
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    3. enter 9 9 3
    4. press VOL DOWN

If you wabnt the onkyp volume in ALL devices:

1. av1 or av2
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    3. enter 9 9 3
    4. press SELECT