Help with secondary set up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Hank H, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Hank H

Hank H New Member

Sep 24, 2019
    For years I have brought my box to my vacation house, where I set up the dish myself. I just plug in the box, "repeat gulded set up" and I have TV at my vacation home. I have not been to the house in over 8 months. Today, I did what I have been doing, but this time, everything seems to be working i.e. I get a decent signal strength of 60 (I'm in the woods) but I can't get the live tv to show up. My set up at the beach is non non-HD round dish, single lnb. Home, of course if full HD. This has never been a problem in the past, i.e. I could still always operate the vacation home with the single LNB, and get non hd tv, but just couldnt record one channel while watching another. Have they finally found a way to prevent this use of my box?

2. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Not sure what your problem is, it isn't anything on Directv's end. But soon you will have a problem because Directv is dropping the SD 'duplicates' that your single LNB dish picks up. When they do that you won't get any locals, and you'll have a limited selection of channels (it isn't clear what) so you probably want to install a Slimline at your vacation home. Then things will be easier since you won't need to redo the satellite setup, and you can get it aimed properly (a signal strength of 60 means it is badly aligned unless by "in the woods" you mean it is partially blocked by leaves)