DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help With Setting Up Remote

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Edmund 
#1 ·
My remote is set up and programmed to operate my Sony Tv. However, I am having difficulity programming the remote to control the volume for my Yamaha reciever.

I go to AV2, scroll down to and select Yamaha. The on-screen display says there are 14 possible codes available. However there are only six full code choices that are listed on the screen. The seventh is a partial code ending with three numbers and ... The other referenced six available codes for the Yamaha receiver are not listed.

I have checked the booklet that came with the remote, and it only lists five or six codes. This is very frustrating because I never had an issue finding the correct Yamaha receiver code when programming the remote for my former HR10-250 TIVO remote. The HR20 remote is fairly useless to me if I have to change remotes every time I need to change the audio volume.

Is there a resource I am missing that lists the 14 possible Yamaha codes, or am I just out of luck?

#2 ·
You might see if there is an updated manual for the remote on the web site. Other users have mentioned that the on-screen list doesn't word wrap properly and hopefully a fix is in the works.

#3 ·
Directv's website has the manual for the RC64RB, which lists all the codes, but the problem is, many of those codes don't work with the RC34, that comes with the HR20. The RC34 is a bit limited in it's codebase.

Try this site...

http://www.ezremote.com/setupcodehelp/DTV/ProductSelection.php

It doesn't list the RC34, but I believe the RC32's codebase is similar to the RC34, but not sure. You can also try some of the codes from the RC64 page, to see if any of those work.

#4 ·
You want the yamaha volume? with a tv code programmed in use code 30176. the volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY Aud receiver code, not until you do the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT

#5 ·
Edmund said:
You want the yamaha volume? with a tv code programmed in use code 30176. the volume keys NEVER work initially with ANY Aud receiver code, not until you do the following:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press SELECT
Here is the procedure I have use to program the Yamaha receiver
Select AV2.
Press and hold mute & select for two blinks
Enter Code 30176.
Hit the power button on the remote. It does not turn the receiver off.

Where in the process do I enter the code 9 9 3?

#6 ·
HarryG said:
Here is the procedure I have use to program the Yamaha receiver
Select AV2.
Press and hold mute & select for two blinks
Enter Code 30176.
Hit the power button on the remote. It does not turn the receiver off.

Where in the process do I enter the code 9 9 3?
Once you have av2 device programmed with code 30176, then you enter the steps I listed in my first post, don't try any other key 'til after have press SELECT in the last step.

And no you won't be able to power the yamaha off & on with white remotes, Not with yamahas use of two-key power scheme and with that lone power key on the white remote. Nothing can be done about it.

#7 ·
Does anyone know if the problem that was reported by Harry G in his original post has been an issue for others? What is the best way to let DirecTV know about it? Oddly enough I encountered the problem yesterday when trying to set up a Philips device. The fact that one cannot see all the remote codes is simple yet sizeable hinderance to the functionality of a universal remote control.

Thanks for the earlier tips I will try them this evening.

#8 ·
Edmund said:
And no you won't be able to power the yamaha off & on with white remotes, Not with yamahas use of two-key power scheme and with that lone power key on the white remote. Nothing can be done about it.
Does anyone know why the on and off worked with my HR10-250 remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.