Help with THR22-100

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by MadTivo, Mar 28, 2016.

1. MadTivo

MadTivo New Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Okay I have a THR22-100 receiver. It's the HD box with TiVo. When DIRECTV first installed it On Demand worked. Since December the On Demand say temporarily unavailable. It connects to the internet with a DECA2(whatever that is). I noticed when I log in to my DIRECTV account it shows one receiver instead of two connected to the internet. I have YET to get a DIRECTV employee that actually knows anything about the THR22 receiver, they either have me reset the receiver which doesn't work or try to sell me a Genie which I already have in the family room. Can anyone tell me how the DECA two connects the THR22 to the internet and how its supposed to be connected? They guy that did our installation was in a hurry and disgruntled.

Please help, I am seriously considering marching into the DIRECTV call center near me and stuffing this receiver someplace painful on the first person I find! I am so frustrated ! :bang :soapbox: :flaiming :mad2: :box: :rant: :mad: :angry:

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Is the THR22 your only DirecTV DVR? If so, just connect its ethernet port directly to your home network router. You don't need the DECA adapter. See if that works better.

But you'll find many posts here from folks with the THR22 complaining that it doesn't work well with DirecTV's OnDemand.

1 person likes this.
  3. MadTivo

MadTivo New Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Oklahoma
    No its my second, but its in the bedroom upstairs. My house is a split level two story, that is each story is split into mini floors. Anyway the family room receiver has mom and dad's stuff saved on this, this one is mine and my sister's. The router is on the same floor as the family room receiver, which is two levels down from the THR22. which is why they put the DECA2 on it so it could connect wirelessly.(or so DIRECTV said).

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Well the receiver DECA2 (or DECA version 2 module) is not wireless, but wired bridging ethernet to coax.

Can you better describe or upload photos how the TIVO is connected to the satellite coax in the THR22's rear as well as how the Genie downstairs is hooked up to the internet?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

5. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    First Welcome to the Site!

Do you have this http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=CCK-W&d=DIRECTV-Wireless-DECA-Cinema-Connection-Kit-(CCK-W)&q=DECA OR

This http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=DCA2SR0&d=DIRECTV-DECA-Receiver-II-Ethernet-to-Coax-Adapter-DECA2-(DCA2SR0)&q=DECA

What you can Try to do is get a cat5/6 100' cable (and temp) connect it to the TVIO rj45 port -run it down to the nearest switch/router plug it in and go bact to the TVIO and resetup the internet connection and see if that changes anythig.

Of couse you would need to remove the deca attached first.

6. CuttySnark

CuttySnark Member

Oct 23, 2015
    On the deca 2 there should be a light. What color is it?