1. Michael Laprade

Michael Laprade New Member

May 13, 2021
    I am a wet behind the ears technical newbie. I have a 612 at my home in California and I am looking to be able to access Dish Anywhere (live as well as recorded) from my home in Canada as well as a home in France. Can I do this with my equipment or must I have a Hopper 3 with sling? Looking for cheapest option, of course. I don't need 20,000 hrs of recorded ability.

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DISH Anywhere is served from DISH's servers, so you would need to be in a place that was not blocked from accessing their servers. DISH no longer offers a "slingbox" style connection to the 612. I am not sure if there are geo limitations on the Hopper w/Sling or Hopper 3.

3. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    as long as you have an address in the states. you can use a vpn that has a server in the us and trigger the dish server making it think that your in the us;). i don't know what channels you'll loose i know with Dtv i loose my locals if it's not connected to my home wifi:mad:

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    With the de-activation of the Sling Adapter, the only Dish receivers that can now sling are the Hopper 2 and Hopper 3.