Heroes and Icons

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jscudder, Jun 4, 2020.

1. jscudder

jscudder Legend

Jan 17, 2006
    Is Heric 293 , the H&I channel that was uploaded in April available to any one yet or is it still in testing? I see it listed in the Active Channel list.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    293 is "Available (Limited)" - basically still testing, but open to a specific group of receivers.

Dishdude714 and DJ Lon like this.
  3. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Hope Dish adds Antenna TV and Decades....

Dish has it up on Direct TV with general programming, especially the diginets like METV, Buzzr, Bounce, Grit, Get TV, and others. So why not add the rest and really make many people happy? I know for one, if Dish carried a complete set of classic TV show diginets even in SD, I would be a lot less likely to ever drop the service. I really doubt our few OTA offerings here will carry most of the diginets in the future. At the moment our only hope is for a service like Dish or they are become available in the streaming package. Fine, protect the local station like Dish and METV does. But the viewer that does not have access to those diginets, they should be available in some form.
    I recently went over the 111 diginets nationwide wide. Well, many are junk channels with religion and shopping, but many offer a lot of old TV shows. The best out of the bunch we do not have access to are: Antenna TV, Decades, Heroes & Icons, THIS, Retro, Movies, Cozi, Charge!, Start TV, Family Entertainment channel, and Light.
    Licensing might be a bit tricky, but again offer those to areas where those channels are not available. It would make a lot of viewers happy.
    Years ago, when Charlie (Charlie Chat) would mention a rate increase, okay, but in that year we would get a lot of new channels for that increase. Now we get increases with few additions. No wonder subscribers are jumping ship. Give us something extra for our money. We are not asking for free HBO or Showtime, but adding diginets especially in SD cannot be that hard to do.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    DJ Lon likes this.
  4. BobCulp

BobCulp Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Colorado...
    2 other new channels that might have a chance to come on.

1>fetv 82 during the ad breaks, some guy will come on to tell us "True Royalty TV". it is programming about kings and queens around the world.

2> Bill O'reilly is now on Pluto TV , part of Viacom / CBS .

5. rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    Does Dish provide the national feed of METV to all subscribers of AT120 and higher, or only to those in markets where there is no affiliate of METV?

When I called Weigel broadcasting after I looked up their phone number out of Chicago, I spoke with someone who was pretty adamant it is only available to those without an affiliate, and that their availability model relies on affiliates. I suppose it would apply to METV, Decades and Heroes & Icons. And that Antenna TV, although not owned by Weigel, is affiliate first kind of belief.

It seems quite different than getTV, which is owned by SONY, where there are stations that run getTV but more or less, it's treated like a national feed and OTTs or cable providers can carry a national feed. fubo carries getTV.

LightTV is available on affiliates, but also another streaming provider, called FrndlyTV. But the FrndlyTV app is janky, and the cloud DVR doesn't organize listings of shows based on episode or season. But the price is low: 5.99-9.99/month. I assume that LightTV is more on the lines like getTV when it comes to carriers being able to carry it. I wish Philo would add getTV and LightTV and I assume the programming cost is minimal if anything.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I get 247 MeTV even though it is available OTA in my market (on a Weigel owned station sub-channel).

There are markets where 247 is blocked. There was a long discussion about who had it and who didn't when the channel launched.

7. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    METV #247 is blocked in markets where Dish carries a local station, like Seattle. There is a station there running METV as their main channel, and Dish carries it. So people in the Seattle market do not get #247. Portland on the other hand has METV 2.2, but Dish does not carry sub channels in most cases, so 2.2 METV is not carried by Dish, so the subscriber gets #247, even though they can still get it OTA.