1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIC usage

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by depoteet, Apr 9, 2012.

1. depoteet

depoteet Cool Member

May 24, 2006
    I'm considering the possibility of moving to a Hopper with 3 Joeys (I currently use Tivos on cable). I want to insure that I have the maximum internet capabilities at each Joey as well as the Hopper. If an HIC is installed will this take care of the internet issue? Also, is there a problem using a Sling adapter on the Hopper when connected via an HIC?

I've read conflicting information that may be due to early versions of equipment.

Does someone have a fairly definitive answer?

Thanks,

Darrell

2. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Yes, the Hic will connect the hopper and all joeys ; yes the sling adapter will work if the hopper is connected via HIC

3. depoteet

depoteet Cool Member

May 24, 2006
    Thanks very much.

4. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    Darrell, 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys will give a much more robust system for the same fees.

5. depoteet

depoteet Cool Member

May 24, 2006
    My understanding is that I'd have to pay $199 for the second Hopper whereas 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys are free. I see what you're saying though that monthly fees are the same.

There are only 2 of us at home and we really don't watch that much. I only moved to a two tuner Tivo system a couple of years ago and have had only had a handful of conflicts during that time. Is there more I should think about?