1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School Musical 2 in HD...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Kevin Dupuy, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Dupuy

Kevin Dupuy Godfather

Nov 28, 2006
    I saw a commercial on GSN for Disney's High School Musical 2 and it apparently will be broadcast in HD on The 101 when it premieres.

2. ralphfurley

ralphfurley Legend

Jun 12, 2004
    i believe that HSM 2 will premiere on DISNEY channel on August 17th, then will would debut in HD on August 18th. unless we have DISNEY HD by then;)

3. dukefan

dukefan Legend

Dec 4, 2006
    Any updates on this? As of last night, the HD version has yet to show up in the guide.

4. bsand2007

bsand2007 Cool Member

May 29, 2007
    I thought it was supposed to be on August 24th in HD...so Disney could replay it 4 times a day for the entire 1st week. :lol:

5. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    According to D*'s website, the HD version is supposed to premier on August 24th and be shown at 6 pm, 9 pm, and 12 am (EDT) on channel 101. But when you look at 101's schedule for the 24th (as of last night, anyway) it shows other programming scheduled all through the evening of the 24th. Maybe it will show up sometime next week. My 11 year old daughter is getting very anxious to see it in HD.

6. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    So this one is actually going to be in wide screen? High School Musical 1 was in "squaravision" which I thought was kind of stupid.

7. dukefan

dukefan Legend

Dec 4, 2006
    The onscreen guide does not yet show it on 8/24 as mentioned above. I sent a note to customer service asking about it, and this is the response I got:

Rest assured that High School Musical 2 in HD will premiere on channel 101 on 08/24/07 at 6pm, 9pm and 12am ET. I'd like to suggest that you reset your receiver. Your DIRECTV receivers have a reset button inside of the access card door. You can simply press it to reset your receiver. If pressing the button does not correct the problem, try these steps to reset your receiver:

I just have to laugh. If you go to the guide on the DirecTV website and scroll across to 8/24, it also shows something other than HSM2 for the times mentioned in the ads. I replied to the note and told them to reboot their website first and then I'll reboot my receiver :)

Gotta love that first level support.

8. ralphfurley

ralphfurley Legend

Jun 12, 2004
    HSM2 is already on Disney on Demand--via FIOS only :( oh well.

9. DVRaholic

DVRaholic Godfather

Nov 19, 2005
    High School Musical 2 is also on Cablevision now,
    They released it a week early on Disney on Demand
    My daughters have watched it 5 times already!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.