1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High-Speed from DIRECTV Partner?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mikhu, Jan 15, 2009.

1. mikhu

mikhu Beer Aficionado

Oct 10, 2006
    This month's promotional email from DIRECTV contains a blurb about getting some sort of high-speed internet from them through a partner. Always looking to save a few bucks I was curious about what it is. Here's the link on DIRECTV's website.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=3560002&footernavtype=-1

I'm fairly familiar with the internet providers in my area and their capabilities, so I'm curious if there is info out there that states who they have partnered with to provide internet access in each area. Or, is this all part of the AT&T deal that's being advertised as getting DIRECTV with your AT&T bill, just billed backwards since we already have DIRECTV?

2. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    I get offered Verizon when I entered my phone number at the link you provided...so I doubt it is an AT&T deal ;)

3. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I have noticed this before and never been able to figure it out as the pricing they give me is the same as what I am currently paying without any sort of combination between embarq and directv.

4. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    directvs quote is actually more than what i pay from embarq for the same 5mbs service

5. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Some area's is verizon. I believe FL is going to AT&T. Others will go to wildblue if no land based service is available for high speed.

6. mikhu

mikhu Beer Aficionado

Oct 10, 2006
    I forgot to try my number before I posted this thread! :lol:

My message:

No offers are available for the phone/address you have entered. Please verify your information and try again.

Oh well, so much for that idea.

7. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    it goes throught what ever TELCO is available in your area..

for example when i type in my work number it says...
    Verizon High Speed Internet Already exists for this address..

and when i type in my friends BTN it pulls up the DSL price with out a bundle discount.

i imagine its the same for the other telco's like At&T, Embark... etc.

8. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    It should be exactly $10 more, reason being is that if you have the basic home package for phone ($29) you get $10 off your DSL from embarq. They are just quoting the DSL price, so it will be the full price.

9. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Me too!:(

10. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    You get Qwest in these states
    [​IMG]

11. murry27409

murry27409 Member

Oct 16, 2007
    No offers are available for the phone/address you have entered.

Same here......although I do have embarq DSL already.