History channel vod

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Christopher Gould, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Downloaded UFO Hunters "alien harvest" because streaming directv even with 100mbps isn't reliable. So I down load it basicly got 1 for 1 download. I go to watch it today and it seems now they are making you stream commercials. And guess what the commercials won't play buffering. Cant skip the commercials. What's the purpose of downloading if you have to stream the commercials?

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    It's the program provider insisting that the commercials are included, and can;t be skipped. Most (all?) of the video on demand suff is like that.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    There is no streaming with DIRECTV (except start over), Video on Demand is always a download whether you watch as it downloads or after it downloads it makes no difference.

Some Video on Demand will let you FF, is all up to the broadcaster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I understand that the show has been downloaded to the hard drive, but the commercials are acting like start over. It says preparing your show at the beginning and it stops at commercials and does the same thing meaning the commercials haven't been downloaded in advance and they are live.

5. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    As prove the commercials are streaming the shows time is 45 min which is the length of the show and the progress bar stops for the commercials.

6. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Trying to watch 2nd of three I downloaded and the 1st pic shows the buffering message. It's not buffering it's frozen basically. Second shows show has been downloaded.

Attached Files: