Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV - HMC PC Playback Discussion (private)' started by Tom Robertson, Apr 30, 2008.
Team, do we want to put in resource numbers? Anything else we think we need to add?
I would say no as those numbers can vary based on network setup and machine speed. As far as I can tell, I think we have all the bases covered pretty well.
OK. Here's my thoughts.
First off Tony great work on the write up.
1) Should we be saying HR20 or be more general by saying HR2x and stating that it currently only works for the HR20? Don't want to belittle our HR21 brethren.
2) I think a screen shot of the original "first" screen should be inserted. Where it is a listing of the available DVRs.
You can get that to pop back up by following the instructions here http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=1481396&postcount=61
3) Server selection, and this is one of the things that irks my about the SW. You have to click the arrow to get your desired HR2x into the yellow space, and then click on that selection to continue. Don't even get me started about the inability to "name" the DVRs.
4) Correcting our newest Moderators name or atleast adding his name after it.
That is all I can think of for the moment. Feel free to to with as you wish.
1) My thoughts is right now it's HR20 unless by a miracle we get the HR21 included. I'm not sure if everyone here has an HR21 to continue the testing process.
2) I used Steve's pic
3) Agreed. We should be able to call them whatever name we want.
4) I changed BMore's name to his proper given name.
I've pulled down version five and decided to post seven here since the thread has got longer.
Edit: Pulled this version and posted v8 lower down.
Gotta get his RID numbers out.
tfed, I'd consider it a personal favor if in a future revision you could change your bulleted list from "The software allows the user to:" to "The software allows the user to do the following:".
Same with the following concerns list.
For some reason my brain is programmed to freak out when seeing a preposition (are/to) followed by a colon.
It's a specific no-no in the editing and style guide for Company documentation but everybody does it anyway, so I guess I stay freaked out. :lol:
I thought I was missing a person in the thanks section. I've added you and kept the version number the same.
Sorry about that!
Great write-up so far! I'll dig into it tomorrow (my off day) and see if I can find anything to add.
Thanks for the great work to date!
Anything else? Are we good for proofing?
This is a great write-up. My only suggestion (feel free to use any, all or none of it) would be to change the paragragh regarding the menu to read as follows:
The menu feature of the HMC software has only a few options compared to the HR20 software. The options are playlist, system setup, and parental controls. The playlist brings up the shows recorded on the HR20 that is currently logged into the HMC. System setup allows the user to choose which HR20 is logged into the HMC along with turning closed captioning on and off
I'm sorry I haven't been more active here... not that I would have anything to add since my pitiful computers could never get the software to work right anyway.
Great job, team!
Good call. Version 8 posted here.
Edit: Version 9 is in post #135.
I'm still awaiting feedback from our questions at this point.
Oh yeah... forgot about that.
Everything looks ready for release to me.
Looks good to me also. Awsome job Tony!!
Awesome job team!!
I thought that you said jump and DirecTV said how high? :lol: