1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope all you in Dallas are OK.

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Davenlr, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
  2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    We got lucky in Allen...basically stayed between 2 cells until tornadoes died down. Ended up with hard rain.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Those trailers are 53ft long, 13.6ft high. They weigh between 9,000lbs-11,000lbs empty and well over 40,000lbs loaded.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    [​IMG]

This photo is pretty impressive.

Only thing is, our daughter the truck driver drives through that area regularly. Two weeks ago she had a windshield repair done in Lancaster. She doesn't report in much, so now we have to worry.

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    When I retired from the Army I had a brief career as a OTR driver. One night me and another driver were driving south through Syracuse, NY on I-81 in the wee hours of the night and were traveling in the right lane. My trailer weighed 46,000lbs. That area was enduring high winds that night. Both our vehicles were hit with a wind sheer that slid us instantly into the laft lane causing both of us to nearly lose control of our vehicles. I've been in tornado alley and have seen the aftermath of tornados. The power of mother nature never fails to impress me. I hope your daughter is safe and you hear from her soon.

6. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    Our home "Burr Oak" sits atop a hill in Desoto. Thank God we had no damage yet other areas of Desoto and to a much greater extent the city of Lancaster just one half mile to our east sustained extensive destruction. The trucking company in your photos is about five miles to our east. There were five counties ravished by tornadoes yesterday.

Many souls wake to sorrow today. With that said Texan's are a strong lot so I am confident their spirit shall help them recover.

"If you wish to help, please consider contributing to the American Red Cross."

Thank you,
    Louis

7. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
  8. 1953

1953 Icon

Feb 7, 2006
    Desoto, TX
    The crews of news 'captors are very brave. To answer your question the 'captors skirt the unflyable areas while using very powerful long distance video camera lens. I have no idea about the background noise.

During the storms the sounds all around us were like artillery and air to ground fighter strikes. The big fear during such storms is that there is no sure escape.

9. jclewter79

jclewter79 Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2008
    According to the news there have been no major injuries reported in connection to the storms. I was in denton yesterday but it died down before it got here. Got to love springtime in tornado alley.