Hopper 3 commercial jump default setting

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by les.warden, Jan 11, 2019.

1. les.warden

les.warden New Member

May 4, 2018
    Crazy question, but when I have a recorded show with hopper commercial jump applied, and I go to watch it, it asks me if I want to use the hopper commercial jump, and defaults to NO THANKS. You kidding me! The main reason I record anything is to jump the commercials. Of course, I have to answer Yes, please jump the commercials. This changeable???

Dish: listen up!!!!!!!! Move the default to YES!!

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    The default has always been No Thanks and it is not changeable. Your the first person in all the years I have had a Hopper that has complained about the setting. Its not likely to change.

3. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    It defaults to no because of the contracts with the networks so it will never change.
    When Autohop was released on the very first Hopper it did default to yes but was quickly updated to no.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    he has totally different model - "hooper3" :D that's why the setting

5. les.warden

les.warden New Member

May 4, 2018
    guess I should be watching more basketball games.

6. kc1ih

kc1ih Legend

May 22, 2004
    Hudson, FL
    I just got a Hopper 3 installed yesterday. I cannot find anything in the settings for autohop. Has this function been eliminated or is the setting hidden somewhere? Thanks!

7. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    First, you need to enable PTAT for at least one day / week.

2nd, it will work only on the Big 4 (ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) network affiliates for your market, subject to contracts on how many days past broadcast date the network has. You might be advised to setup a regular timer for the shows anyway, so it will save them beyond the overwrite time on PTAT.

3rd , now, you're going to view a recorded show. you select the show to play back , then the Hopper will ask you do you want to use AutoHop. Select Yes.

AutoHop will not not work on any other channel.

FarmerBob likes this.
  8. les.warden

les.warden New Member

May 4, 2018
    I’ve noticed that difference between networks. Some will have the Autohop applied to the recorded show the very next day. Some, you have to wait a couple days. It seems to vary across the networks and across different shows. Inconsistency in an inconsistent world. Makes perfect sense.

9. kc1ih

kc1ih Legend

May 22, 2004
    Hudson, FL
    Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me, it’s much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2019
  10. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    sometimes old/new feature exist in certain FW versions … it would help for any discussion if first question would be accompanied by H3 FW version