Hopper 3 - Dissapointed in Favorite Sports Teams Feature

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by drumdude, Jun 30, 2018.

1. drumdude

drumdude Cool Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I just switched to DISH and have a question about the favorite teams feature. I live in the state of North Carolina and the biggest sports team in the state is UNC Chapel Hill (NC Tar Heels). Because I live in Charlotte NC which is about 100 miles away, I cannot select the Tar Heels as a favorite team. That is unacceptable. There are a lot of NC State and Duke fans that must be disappointed too. Is this because it's college ball? I believe college basketball is more popular that professional around here.

--UPDATED 8/1/2018 - I found the solution to this issue. Use the search feature to find your favorite sports team. Then create a Timer and click the favorite button for this team. After that, the team will show up under your favorite teams. I keep finding new things with Hopper 3 that make it the best DVR I have ever used!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I can select "North Carolina Tar Heels" and I'm in Indiana. "Duke Blue Devils" is also in the list.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    League blackout rules maybe?

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Not for college sports. I believe the thread starter was looking for UNC in the list instead of North Carolina and simply missed his team.

NYDutch likes this.
  5. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    Ahh! Thank, James. Not being a college sports fan, I didn't know what their broadcast rules might include.

6. drumdude

drumdude Cool Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Is that “Game Finder” which is just a search, or “Favorite Teams” which automatically finds the games for you? I only have about a dozen teams to choose from in “Favorite Teams”. That’s where I would like to find UNC. We don’t watch much pro basketball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro