Hopper 3 outputs

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Tallhighlander, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Tallhighlander

Tallhighlander New Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Hi guys, I was considering upgrading my old Hopper to a Hopper 3, 4K Joey, and wireless joey and I have some questions.

1. I need to make sure the hopper 3 can output video from HDMI,component and composite at the same time. I need all 3 to work for my wiring configuration. I wanted to make sure dish didn't disable this ability.
    2. Does the Hopper 3 it self have the ability to output 4K or must you have the 4K joey?
    3. The 4K TV is in the room that I have to be able to output the HDMI,component and composite at the same time. I would like to have the hopper 3 itself in this location.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  2. patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    No Joey required for 4k, It can come directly from the Hopper3 HDMI. All 3 outputs at the same time, but I believe I read somewhere that while 4k is outputted the others are disabled.

1 person likes this.
  3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    E.Mdtrn Sea
    q#2 telling me TS totally didn't make homework - why not read dish site or posts of inintial release here or CES 2015(2016?)