1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hopper doesn't recognize 722K recording

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by snpant, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jan 2, 2013 #1 of 15
    snpant

snpant New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Hi All,
    I recently upgraded from 722 to hopper. I transferred all my recording in 722 to external drive . When i tried to use this external drive on hopper it worked fine.
    Then, I transferred all the recording from external hard drive to hopper. It won't play once the recording are transferred to hopper.

It gives me message saying "event playback finished".

I called dish support. They told me that it needs to be submitted as a bug to engineer. However, there is no way even for them to get hold of engineer. Also, there is no estimate on fix.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. Jan 3, 2013 #2 of 15
    Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    They filed a TPR(might be called TPS report, forgot which lol), which honestly very rarely results in you getting a follow up.
    Its more for Dish to keep track of bug reports, rather then for them to submit a report on your behalf.
    And generally means one of two things;

1) Your agent handling the call didnt really know what to trouble shoot for and did a TPR to get off the call.

2) Your agent handling the call tried everything and was out of ideas and did a TPR to get off the call.

Honestly at this point just keep calling, there is a chance your agent was not top of his training class and didnt pay enough attention lol.
    If not then push for a new receiver.

3. Jan 3, 2013 #3 of 15
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    try to move the events back to EHD and play from it later

4. Jan 3, 2013 #4 of 15
    snpant

snpant New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I tried to move program to EHD. It doesn't work anymore

5. Jan 3, 2013 #5 of 15
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    try cold reboot the H, if it will not restore functionality of EHD, call CSR and demand to replace it

6. Jan 3, 2013 #6 of 15
    Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    What is the error message number you see when you attempt to playback a DVR event on your Hopper? Please let me know. Thanks.

7. Jan 3, 2013 #7 of 15
    patmurphey

patmurphey Godfather

Dec 21, 2006
    There is a lesson here. This happens once in a while. Don't transfer the EHD recordings to your Hopper. It isn't necessary and they play much more easily, directly from the EHD, through the Hopper DVR menu than on the VIP receivers.

8. Jan 3, 2013 #8 of 15
    snpant

snpant New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    There is no error code. However, when i try to play it gives pop up saying

"Event playback finished. Press 'play' to start over or select option below"
    options are
    "delete dvr live tv"

When i press play again, it show how much is my recording but screen is blank. After a while it time out and switches back to live tv.

Thanks

9. Jan 3, 2013 #9 of 15
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    please post screenshots for create a ticket to eng dept

10. snpant

snpant New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I have attached jpeg image.

Attached Files:

11. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    if we could read clearly the text, that would help tremendously ;)

12. snpant

snpant New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Here is the text version of posted image

"Event playback finished. Press 'play' to start over or select option below"
    options are
    "delete dvr live tv"

Thanks

13. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    that's OK, you did post it second time ... just for create a ticket (IMO, when I did that for other cases) I would make one good shot with clear text, to avoid mistyping and get all small details what only SW/GUI coders knew ... it's just a habit/routine of those ppl who involving in bug tracking ...

14. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    If you go to the DVR recording in the DVR menu and press Select or INFO to bring up more information, how long does it show the recording is? Is it the correct length of that show or movie?

15. snpant

snpant New Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Technician stopped by my house to look at the issue. He called his senior manager .

He mentioned that Hopper is able to read 722 content EHD but changes format once these contents are transferred to hopper. Once the format is changed, it cannot read 722 content. This is not advertised anywhere. It seem to be purely software issue. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

We also tried changing to different hopper . It shows same issue.

Thanks