Hopper or Second vip 722

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by JPM902K, Jun 24, 2017.

1. JPM902K

JPM902K New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    I currently have a vip 722 and would like to duplicate this setup so that I can have tv on two other tvs without sacrificing my tuners. With the hopper and 2 joeys i would sacrifice the tuners if used at the same time. Would it be cheaper to get a second vip 722 or two hoppers and a joey?

2. JPM902K

JPM902K New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    I forgot about the super joey. cheaper with hopper, super joey and joey setup?

3. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    What do you really want to do? Connect 4 Standard Definition TVs in the house? The 722 has 1 high definition output and 1 Standard Definition output. If you want 4 HIGH DEFINITION outputs you would probably need a HOPPER 3 with 16 tuners and 3 Joey 2s

4. JPM902K

JPM902K New Member

Jun 24, 2017
    i want two tuners for my hd main tv and then i want to hook up two more tvs so that each can watch tv seperately. the second tv is also hd and the third is standard def. With the hopper system what would i need to accomplish this setup?

5. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    If I understand you, you want 1 HD receiver on the main TV capable of delivering 2 different channels to that TV in High definition. On TV 2 you want a High Definition picture capable of being on a third channel. TV3 is still a Standard Definition set but you want it capable of tuning a 4th channel. The first choice for a Hopper system would be a Hopper 3 with 3 Joeys. Each Joey uses a tuner from the Hopper to provide independent channel selection. The alternative is a Hopper with Sling and a Super Joey to give you 5 tuners.