Hopper playback control and performance

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by resqguy, Oct 21, 2014.

1. resqguy

resqguy Cool Member

Nov 23, 2006
    I was wondering what everyone's experience with "stepping through" playback on paused video and how well it works for them. I sometimes find myself wanting to pause playback and step through at a minimum number of frames. I tried this with Dishanywhere on my laptop but I found the only way to step through was to hit play and then pause right afterwards. The arrow keys on the laptop don't do anything. Using that method the video jumps several seconds at a time. I'm hoping to do better.

I'm going to try it on the Hopper receiver where the recording is stored to see what I can do with the remote.

Has anyone developed a good method for doing this? What granularity were you able to step forward by, 1 sec. less?

2. andrewe@DISH Network

andrewe@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jun 25, 2014
    Colorado
    One thing you might want to try would be pressing the Pause button and then the fast forward button. Does the accomplish what you are looking for?

3. TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    As andrewe said, do this on the hopper with it's remote and it moves forward 1 frame at a time. Works very well I've found.