Hopper Recordings

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Scotty7, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Scotty7

Scotty7 New Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Hey all. I had a hopper with sling that started acting up. It would reboot about every 5 minutes so I called and after their trouble shooting they sent a replacement hopper. When i receive the new hopper it has an updated software version than what i was using. Once i set up the new hopper the CSR said i could transfer recordings from the old receiver to the new one. (also noticed once the old hopper was unhooked from the satellite cable the reboots stopped). But i have tried the transfer method listed on the new hopper where you connect both receivers via ethernet (does not work doesn't see any shows on the old hopper) and i also tried using my external hard drive (the transfer fails and no shows will transfer) but you can still watch them from that hopper. Am i doing something wrong or are they a lost cause? Any help would be appreciated

2. Scotty7

Scotty7 New Member

Apr 14, 2017
    Maybe I spoke too soon. I think some of the recordings have become corrupt (the show icons are blank) and those are the ones that wont transfer. I have gotten a few shows (ones where the icons are showing correctly) to transfer to the EHD. It's still tranferring so I hope to retrieve most of my shows

3. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    I would give it a few days. It usually takes 2 days for the new hopper to settle in and work properly. Don't delete anything for a few days and try then.

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Blank icons may be due to the EPG data provider. They have some new goofy looking icons for the local news programs. I've see blanks for some other shows.