1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hopper Upgrade

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jmvolfan, Jun 25, 2012.

1. jmvolfan

jmvolfan New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    I currently have Dish with a 722 and a 211 with 3 HDTVs. We want to upgrade to a hopper and 2 joeys but were told we have to have internet access. We have 3g wireless but with bandwidth limits I don't want it used. I was told this is a requirement to get the hopper. This is now the third time over the last 2 months we have inquired about this upgrade. The reason we did not do it before was because we were quoted 2 different prices on 2 different occasions. Can someone please point me in the right direction or give me someone to contact that can actually tell me what I can and cannot get and for the correct price.

Thanks.

PS I would message the DIRT team but my post count keeps me from doing so.

2. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    How far in between were the two calls that resulted in two different quoted prices?

The prices arent just random or at the discretion of the agent, something as simple as a late payment could have knocked you down a tier in the customer hierarchy which would result in different prices being quoted.

Or one agent could have been an idiot :p

3. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Oh, to have your freedom Ink :lol:

4. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    :lol: It comes with a price, I sure do miss getting those sweet p4p/upsell checks xD

5. jmvolfan

jmvolfan New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Never late but still under contract. The first 2 quotes were 3 days apart. One was by phone and the other by chat. The issue that bothers me is the answers keep changing. I have never had any other issues with Dish customer service but the lack of consistency really bothers me.

6. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I have sent you a PM.

7. jmvolfan

jmvolfan New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Well it sucks that I can't send pm's yet.

8. jmvolfan

jmvolfan New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    I may get into trouble but I want to reply to the pm so I am replying again.

9. jmvolfan

jmvolfan New Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Bump

10. jon6205

jon6205 New Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Can a member of the DIRT PM so that I can contact them in regards to a hopper upgrade question? I don't have enough posts to send a PM.

11. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    PM sent.

12. PBowie

PBowie Legend

Jan 4, 2006
    Florida
    So I could replace my two 722s which have 1 HD one SD tv each for a hopper and 4 joeys? wonder if it would be cheaper? (somehow doubt it)

13. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    With 2 722's you have a dvr fee of $6 + Extra receiver fee of $17 = $23. 1 Hopper can only get three Joeys (which is the same number of tv's by the way) would be dvr of $10 + three additional receivers at $7 each and would = $31. Your current setup would be cheaper, also 1 Hopper/3 Joeys only has three tuners so you would lose at least one. More if you use OTA on your 722's.

14. Simplylinked

Simplylinked New Member

Jun 11, 2012
    I chatted a month ago and ask the rep what it would take to upgrade to 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. She just told me that no upgrades were availabe for me at any cost. I was confused. Been with dish since they were just echostar and even a stock holder and have never been told that no upgrades are availabe. Gee wiz I only have a 508 and a 522 if there is not an upgrade from that then maybe I need to be looking elsewhere. :nono2:

15. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Please PM me your account number so I can review the options available to you for a Hopper upgrade. Please include the number of TVs you want connected and verify your 4 digit PIN number on your account so I can provide the information to you. Please let me know. Thanks.