DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopper Upgrade

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Ray C@DISH Network 
#1 ·
I currently have Dish with a 722 and a 211 with 3 HDTVs. We want to upgrade to a hopper and 2 joeys but were told we have to have internet access. We have 3g wireless but with bandwidth limits I don't want it used. I was told this is a requirement to get the hopper. This is now the third time over the last 2 months we have inquired about this upgrade. The reason we did not do it before was because we were quoted 2 different prices on 2 different occasions. Can someone please point me in the right direction or give me someone to contact that can actually tell me what I can and cannot get and for the correct price.

Thanks.

PS I would message the DIRT team but my post count keeps me from doing so.

#2 ·
How far in between were the two calls that resulted in two different quoted prices?

The prices arent just random or at the discretion of the agent, something as simple as a late payment could have knocked you down a tier in the customer hierarchy which would result in different prices being quoted.

Or one agent could have been an idiot :p

#3 ·
Inkosaurus said:
How far in between were the two calls that resulted in two different quoted prices?

The prices arent just random or at the discretion of the agent, something as simple as a late payment could have knocked you down a tier in the customer hierarchy which would result in different prices being quoted.

Or one agent could have been an idiot :p
Oh, to have your freedom Ink :lol:

#5 ·
Never late but still under contract. The first 2 quotes were 3 days apart. One was by phone and the other by chat. The issue that bothers me is the answers keep changing. I have never had any other issues with Dish customer service but the lack of consistency really bothers me.

#13 ·
PBowie said:
So I could replace my two 722s which have 1 HD one SD tv each for a hopper and 4 joeys? wonder if it would be cheaper? (somehow doubt it)
With 2 722's you have a dvr fee of $6 + Extra receiver fee of $17 = $23. 1 Hopper can only get three Joeys (which is the same number of tv's by the way) would be dvr of $10 + three additional receivers at $7 each and would = $31. Your current setup would be cheaper, also 1 Hopper/3 Joeys only has three tuners so you would lose at least one. More if you use OTA on your 722's.

#14 ·
I chatted a month ago and ask the rep what it would take to upgrade to 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. She just told me that no upgrades were availabe for me at any cost. I was confused. Been with dish since they were just echostar and even a stock holder and have never been told that no upgrades are availabe. Gee wiz I only have a 508 and a 522 if there is not an upgrade from that then maybe I need to be looking elsewhere. :nono2:

#15 ·
Please PM me your account number so I can review the options available to you for a Hopper upgrade. Please include the number of TVs you want connected and verify your 4 digit PIN number on your account so I can provide the information to you. Please let me know. Thanks.

Simplylinked said:
I chatted a month ago and ask the rep what it would take to upgrade to 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. She just told me that no upgrades were availabe for me at any cost. I was confused. Been with dish since they were just echostar and even a stock holder and have never been told that no upgrades are availabe. Gee wiz I only have a 508 and a 522 if there is not an upgrade from that then maybe I need to be looking elsewhere. :nono2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.