1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horray to the latest updates to my HR20-100!!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by HDTVFreak07, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HDTVFreak07

HDTVFreak07 Icon

Sep 12, 2007
    I can now toggle quickly on and off the closed captioning features!! I normally have it on all the time but watching sporting events, the CC is in the way of the scores, some of the actions and uh, just in the way. Kudos to DirecTV!!

2. Larry

Larry AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 1, 2003
    +1

Also, the 30 skip feature is a nice addition. Way to go DirecTV!

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    +1 from here, too!!! :D

I have quickly adapted to navigating to my ToDo List, but I have no problem relearning that if it means the ease of accessing CC! That easy toggle aspect of turning captions on and off has been a LONG time in coming and I am VERY pleased with this ... and I say this with all the positive connotations it is supposed to carry ... UPGRADE!

THANK YOU DIRECTV!!! :biggthump :biggthump :biggthump

4. ToddinVA

ToddinVA Godfather

Mar 5, 2006
    Definitely happy with 30 second skip! Happy that the SLB function is a little better, but still angry that true DLB still doesn't exist.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention of the disappearance of the mini-My Playlist. Not sure I care that much either, so I guess that's why..

5. rsonnens

rsonnens Legend

Nov 7, 2006
    Yep, the CC change is hugely welcome. DTv, thanks for listening to us.

6. jayk

jayk Mentor

Nov 30, 2006
    +1 !!!!!

7. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    No. I noticed that too. I forgot how I used to invoke that. Was it "My Playlist" from MENU? /steve

8. Xaa

Xaa Icon

Nov 17, 2005
    Yep, choosing playlist from the menu used to show it in the small menu window and now it takes you to the actual playlist.

9. Badger

Badger Legend

Jan 30, 2006
    I received the update about 36 hours ago and just cannot get the 30 skip to work on our HR20-100. Is it supposed to skip 30 seconds when you push the forward button once? Then push it again for another 30 second skip? I've entered the keyword "30skip" etc.. as posted by others but I must be doing something wrong! :)

10. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    If by "forward" button you mean the ADVANCE button (>|), Yes. If you're hitting the FF button (>>) instead, that's the problem. It is a replacement for the current 30-second SLIP you get by hitting ADVANCE.

Also, if you're not already doing it, when you do the "30SKIP" KEYWORD SEARCH, select ALL for categories and be sure to let the SEARCH complete. (You'll get no "hits", of course.) And if you find you prefer it the way it was, searching "30SLIP" restores the old functionality. /steve

11. Badger

Badger Legend

Jan 30, 2006
    \

Thank you Steve! I was hitting the FF button not the advance button. I'm good to go now. Thanks again. :)

12. DakotaKid

DakotaKid Cool Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Twin Cities, MN
    I am not too thrilled.

All of the shows in my play list are gone. I had at least thee programs that I hadn't watched, and they're gone.

My favorite channels had to be set up all over again.

Shows that I had set up to record, gone. So I go through and set up the auto record, set it for first run only, and it's showing repeats in the to do list.

Not a useful update for me.

13. Xaa

Xaa Icon

Nov 17, 2005
    Sounds like errors were found on your drive and it did a full reformat. That stinks man.

14. techdimwit

techdimwit Legend

Sep 23, 2007
    We got this update early in the week on our HR20-700 and were happy at the ease of accessing CC. Good move. I'm looking forward to getting this same update on my HR21.

15. ulbonado

ulbonado Legend

Nov 28, 2007
    From the fact that this keeps coming up here, I gather the HR2x software is a bit too aggressive with doing that. There may be shows on parts of the disk that are unaffected that I'd really like to watch before it wipes everything out. Shouldn't it at least ask first?

16. Xaa

Xaa Icon

Nov 17, 2005
    I completely agree. I'd rather see it boot to a screen of death with an option toggle. Let the user try to boot normally and take their chances. If it's truly beyond repair and just ends up in a cycle then the user can choose to reformat and gain the benefit that I think was intended with this "feature".

A good idea, but I think you put it perfectly. A bit too aggressive.

17. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    I am loving this last update.
    The HR20-700 I had Decmeber 06' is an old old memory.
    This thing just keeps getting better!

18. DakotaKid

DakotaKid Cool Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Twin Cities, MN
    Odd thing tho, my caller id log was intact.

19. Xaa

Xaa Icon

Nov 17, 2005
    That thing survives somehow. When I added an eSata to replace the internal, that survived which made me wish they stored my SL's and other settings wherever that's stored.

20. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Probably using Flash Memory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.