Host Rich Eisen’s 48-foot DirecTV production truck stolen in Miami Lakes, recovered later

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Yada Yada Yada DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Host Rich Eisen’s 48-foot DirecTV production truck stolen in Miami Lakes, recovered later

(miamiherald.com) - People steal the darnedest things, and South Florida certainly isn’t immune. But the early morning heist of a 48-foot, multimillion-dollar, state-of-the-art television production truck from the parking lot of a Miami Lakes hotel left a lot of people puzzled....

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    The truck was stolen in Miami and the only photo they have was from a Broncos game in Denver??

It sounds like a typical auto theft, the trailer was irrelevant as they were after the tractor which will probably be parted out.

3. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Down here they'd have taken it straight to the port, loaded it onto a tramp freighter for South America

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Monterey...
    Where is "down here"?

5. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    [SIZE=medium]I remember reading an article about tractor-trailer theft in Florida being huge. Florida was something like second in US in cargo thefts. If there is an unattended rig they’ll steal it without even knowing what the cargo is. They quickly sell off the cargo and move on to the next truck. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I’ll bet they opened the trailer and saw all that high end TV production gear and just drove off not even trying to remove anything. It’s not the kind of stuff you can quickly sell without drawing a lot of attention. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The funny part might be that the contents of that trailer was probably worth more than any ten trailers of food or consumer electronics and yet almost worthless to the thieves. :grin:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I'll bet they make a pretty penny parting out the truck though.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Mike[/SIZE]

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That is a given regardless of the theft. :(

(Even though the stolen truck had no connection to ESPN.)

7. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    I'm a little confused. What does this have to do with ESPN?

8. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Meant NFL Network.

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    NFL Sunday Ticket?