1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I backup my recorded programs?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bleem22, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleem22

bleem22 New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    My cousin Sargent Ralph Coll was featured on the military channel from some interviews and war footage they took of him in 2004. I recorded the show but I don't want to loose it so i was wondering how I could about making a backup of it? I assume the only way is via a stand alone DVD recorded hooked up to my DVR?

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    There are numerous ways to back up a program. A video capture setup in a computer is probably the cheapest. A DVD recorder will work too, but they're kinda pricey.

Note that you will be digitizing the analog output, so there will be some quality lost in the resulting copy.

Eventually, if the R15 gets DirecTV2Go support, you should be able to make a digital copy to some sort of digital media handheld. That's somewhere down the road though.

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You basically need to play the recording to a device that can record it, DVD recorder, PC, VCR, whatever, using the s-video or composite video, or even the channel 3/4 rf output from the R15. There is no way to do a file transfer to move the recording to another device.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.