How do i connect 2 vip211z to my 1000.2 Dish Pro Plus

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by orabun, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jul 7, 2020 #1 of 28
    orabun

orabun New Member

Jul 7, 2020
    I just bought a lake house and it has a Didh Network 1000.2 Dish Pro Plus dish. I'm already a Dish Network customer and have 2 viP211z's I've been using in my RV. There is a double coax running from the dish to the house, but only one coax is connected at the house. The Original owners had that one coax connected to a splitter and was trying to run 2 wallys but it would cut in and out due to partial or total signal loss. My vip211's are doing the same thing. Can i connect both coax cables, 1 to each receiver to correct this problem? If so, how do the need to be connected?

2. Jul 8, 2020 #2 of 28
    NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    One coax each connected to ports 1 & 2 on the DPP LNB with each one running to one of the two 211's. No splitters, no switches needed, just run a check switch after connecting. It doesn't matter which port is connected to which 211. Even port 3 would work...

3. Jul 9, 2020 #3 of 28
    scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Like NYDutch was saying - the previous owners were hooking it up wrong. Follow what he said and the two 211's will work just fine.

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Orabun - any comments, end results ?

5. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    I beginning to think that answering questions is not such a great idea anymore, since we never get any feedback on our answers.

6. PappysMF

PappysMF New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    Hey all, sorry to high Jack the original poster here but I am kinda in the same boat. Just got a river cabin and I have my old VIP211 along with a older DP Plus Digital LNFB PN 151300. If I am successful at hooking this all up after mounting the dish what channels can I expect to receive. I currently have the Hopper Sling with a few Joeys at home. Will I be able to purchase the same programming as I have at home? Thanks!

7. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    The 151300 lnb is designed for SD reception on WA (two lnbs' for 110 and 119 Sats).

There are a few HD channels on 110 and 119 but most of them are on 119.

8. PappysMF

PappysMF New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    First, thank you for the reply! I would like to get as many HD channels as I can. So it would not be worth while to set this old dish up?

9. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    so, yes
    try and see what is missing for you

PappysMF likes this.
  10. NYDutch

NYDutch DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Dec 28, 2013
    You can see which channels are on which satellites here: Channels 1-999 on DISH Network (Unofficial Listing)

Use the "Commercial Acct HD" listings unless you're in Hawaii or Alaska.

PappysMF likes this.
  11. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    OOPS! Most WA HD channels are on 129, not 110 or 119, sorry for the brain glitch.

12. PappysMF

PappysMF New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    Okay. I just wanted to be clear. When Jim5506 said “The 151300 lnb is designed for SD reception on WA“ I wanted to be sure I could get the desired channels in HD not just SD. And according to NYDutch’s link, it does look like most of the channels we are interested in do come through as HD on 119.

Now to find the remote for the 211 and confirm that it even works again. It’s been sitting out in the garage for about ten years. And the dish needs cleaned up. It’s been sitting in the back yard for several years itself.

I will keep you all updated but it will be at least two weeks until I get back to the cottage.

Thanks again for all of the help, it is much appreciated!

13. PappysMF

PappysMF New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    What does that mean as far as my old set up? Should I just call Dish and have a tech come out and install a new system for me and be done with it?

NYDutch’s chart did show that most of the channels we are interested in does come through on the 119.

14. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    then I wouldn't worry about 129W sat and run the 211 w/out remote by using just front panel buttons for start (perhaps you remember that time when TV had no remote))

15. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    DISH probably won't install your ViP211 for you -- They'll more than likely want to set you up with a complete system including a Wally.

You may be able to find a local satellite TV dealer and go through them.

The installation isn't difficult but it does require patience, diligence and mounting the mast on something that is really rigid.

16. PappysMF

PappysMF New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    Thats why I was thinking I would just have them come out and install everything new. That way I won’t have the wife on me when she can watch her Discovery ID in HD or maybe even at all. And I won’t have any problems watching the Big10 network in HD.

I installed my very first system by myself some 20 years ago and it wasn’t bad once I found the satellite. I was on the roof with the TV sound all the way waiting to hear the beeps. LOL

17. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Well - 2 and 3 LNB dishes are a bit more "complicated" - but it can still be done by a homeowner who understands what he's doing (I can, and I'm sure NYDutch is pretty practiced at it, since he is an RV'er who uses the 1000.4 EA and WA). It's much easier to have a sat meter (even the analog type !) rather than relying on the sat receiver meter.
    If you're aiming the 1000.2 Western Arc, You want to connect to the middle of the 3 outputs, set the skew on the dish for your location (get your numbers at www.dishpointer.com), then maximize your weakest CONUS transponder (i.e. NOT a spotbeam). Oh, a magnetic compass also helps.

18. PappysMF

PappysMF New Member

Sep 21, 2020
    I only have the 2 LNB dish. This is the info I got off of the dishpointer site. Does that look correct for me to get started?

Attached Files:

19. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    On WA most HD is on 129. You can get all the channels with just 110 and 119 but they will nearly all be SD, so you need a 3 lnb receiver head for full programming for WA.

20. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Kansas City KS
    Well - you need to use the Multi- slot information area and find the satellites you're trying to get. But you're getting there.

What dish do you have and what are you trying to get ? Some general location info would help us also.

IF - you're trying to get Eastern Arc - it can be done with the Dish500 dish . However, Dish currently uses the 1000.2 EA Dish / LNB. With this dish, you can get all HD including your locals (if they are on 61.5 spotbeam) (this is why we need local information - TV market would also be useful)

If you have a Dish500, and are aiming at Western Arc, You will want to aim at 119 and 110 satellites. Very little HD is available with this dish (not saying zero - just very little). If you want all the HD on Western Arc, you NEED the 1000.2 WA dish /LNB, since most Dish HD western is on 129.

The more information you give us, the more we can help you.