1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ungrey channels ??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Maleman, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    I just ordered some premium channels over the phone. She added them and they work but the channels are greyed out? They are not showing as channels I get (lit up)

Is there away to get these lit up? as channels I get?

thanks

2. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    it can take a little time for them to change.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    If the new channels don't show up in 30 minutes, you should ask for a re-send of the authorization (or do it yourself via the website).

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I believe the thread starter said the channels work, but they are still grey in the guide. As stated, it takes a little while — in my experience, up to 24 hours — but the grey does go away automatically.

5. moghedien

moghedien Legend

Dec 3, 2007
    When I received a refurb H21, it still had the previous customer's locals and many greyed out channels that I received anyway. When I performed the red-button-reboot, the greyed channels became blue like the rest of of the channels listed...

6. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    I believe the "greyed out" is related to the "channels I get" feature (or lack of). Sometimes a reboot will clear that up, sometimes not. The true fix will be if and when DirecTv ever decides to do something about "channels I get". Given the issue hasn't been fixed over the last 3+ years, I'm not holding out much hope.

7. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Thanks everyone. It took a few minutes or so. ;) And thanks to everyone for answering any posts of mine. I am a newb and appreciate all the help. Cheers.

8. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    At least it's improved. 3+ years ago, it wouldn't grey out any channels.

9. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Glad to see your "issue" was corrected.

HD DVRs have alot of capabilities and options for configuration, and even as a "newbie", you questions and experiences are always welcome.