How do you delete entries in the Series list?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by levinjb, Jan 20, 2019.

1. levinjb

levinjb New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Southeastern...
    The red button does not work as it did in the old (HR-24 type) interface. Now in my new HR44, if I have an entry for episodes of a series, I can go to the "info" screen, choose series options and hit "cancel series". But if I have an entry for a season (or all seasons), something that didn't exist in the previous system, that cancel button is replaced by "do nothing". (Upgrade to s/w version 0x114b had no effect on this.)

2. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    If you are talking about deleting a series from the Series Manager, simply press the Record button.

3. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Yeah, record button can create or cancel anything that is a series anywhere, like a toggle, (even from the playlist on a highlight folder) and the red button deletes things that are already recorded.

4. levinjb

levinjb New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Southeastern...
    I'll try it again, but: I have two entries (be mistake) for a particular show: one is the regular "record all first runs" (or maybe it's "record all" because the first-run date is when the BBC aired it a week earlier). The second (the mistake) is "record the season" or "record all seasons", I forget which. The first entry has two upcoming episodes. I know if I go to the info screen I can choose "Series options" and then "Cancel Series". (I also believe, because I've used it on other series, that the record button does work as you say.)
    The second entry has no upcoming episodes showing. The info screen, Series options says basically "do nothing" instead of "cancel series" on that button. The record button, used in the Manage Series menu, does not delete the entry; it seems to do nothing at all.
    But I'll try it again, maybe I haven't played with it enough since I got the 114b installation.

5. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    114b wasn’t any massive update. These functions have existed since the new GUI in 2017

6. levinjb

levinjb New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Southeastern...
    I just tried it again. This time the cancel upcoming recordings (record button) in the Manage Series list, in an entry with no upcoming recordings, did remove that entry from the list.

Thanks all for your advice.

7. rccoleman

rccoleman AllStar

Oct 10, 2007
    I think this is a situation where only folks who've been around for a while will be confused. I was at first, but when I actually stopped to read the text (the horror!) it seems clear enough.