1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is 0x134 So Far?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Milominderbinder2, Mar 1, 2007.

Have You Had Any Issues With 0x134 So Far? Please check all the apply.

1. No problems so far!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lockup after initial download

52.6%
  3. Would not turn back on after being in Standby

6.8%
  4. Other Reset Required

4.0%
  5. Audio Problem (Lip Sync, Drop-outs, etc.)

13.4%
  6. Video Problem (Pixelation, etc.)

21.3%
  7. 30 Second Slip (Advance) Issue

16.5%
  8. Caller ID Issue

7.1%
  9. Other Issues

9.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 1, 2007 #1 of 53
    Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    It seems that there are some specific trends emerging with 0x134. Can you give us a quick summary of your situation?

In addition to notes in the Issues Thread, please make a separate entry for each issue in the Issue Report database.

Click here for the Issue Report FAQ.

The Issue Report Results so far are attached for 0x134.

EDIT: The data is updated to show the updated survey format.
    Report Updated 03/07/07
    Reports: 230

Trends Emerging:
    Users are 3 times as likely to have forced resets during Live TV.
    Live TV Users 3 times as likely to report Audio problems.

- Craig

2. Mar 1, 2007 #2 of 53
    Milominderbinder2

Oct 8, 2006
    How did the Issues Report Database start?
    The first step was to try to match past Issue threads with with: Your "Setup" and the Catalog of Bugs. There appear to be over 70 unique bugs. Then to establish a baseline, 777 users participated in the HR20 Site Survey.

How does this relate to the HR20 Site Survey?
    The HR20 Site Survey asked a broad range of questions. More importantly, a record 777 respondents told us everything from their installation and setup to usage and problems. It gave us the baseline for comparison and let us zero in on the potential problems.

Why not build an Issues Database from existing threads?
    After weeks of trying, it was clear that the thread data was too limited to be quantified. Witness Testimony often tells as much about the witness as what they observed. Anecdotal thread verbiage is more limited because questions can not be asked to complete the information.

Why aren't bugs listed?
    The Issues Database is trying to qualify 70+ unique bugs into 13 general categories. Remarks further qualify each report.

Why aren't there more questions and/or answers?
    For a casual Internet survey you have to keep the total survey time to at most 3-5 minutes. For the same reason each question has at most 5 answers.

Why does it include less critical issues like CC, Caller ID, Trickplay, etc.?
    Users need to state problems just as they can in the Issues Thread. This also builds our baseline for the future.

Will I have to keep reporting my Setup Information?
    No. You report your setup once. From then on, you only answer the first 7 questions about this specific bug. Your site information is carried forward so that you only update it as needed. Additional reports can be as quick as a minute.

Why report issues from the first few days?
    Just like with the Issues Threads, all bugs need to be documented. Each report is time stamped so that trends can be seen over time. Also note that a CE may last only a few days.

Are there any other questions that should be included? Please either send me a Private Message or post it here.

Thank you!

- Craig

3. Mar 1, 2007 #3 of 53
    Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I plan to issue a standard Report Card thread around Tuesday next week. It's usually good to get some incubation results as well.

4. Mar 1, 2007 #4 of 53
    HolmesCo

HolmesCo Icon

Dec 4, 2006
    It has been totally perfect for me, so far! Fingers crossed.

5. Mar 1, 2007 #5 of 53
    Milominderbinder2

Oct 8, 2006
    I just wanted to get a feel for how many are having good experiences so far. Also I had to reset during the 0x134 download and I know others did as well. Plus there are a few issues that seem to be coming up more with 0x134 than they did with 0x132.

In no way is this meant to replace a one-week report card. It's just an early snapshot.

6. Mar 1, 2007 #6 of 53
    Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I'm also going to break the rules slightly ... I'm feeling a little split today. I really haven't had any problems at all yet, but Caller-ID is still on the fritz. Since I find Caller-ID a "nice to have" rather than a "must have" and I have one that sort-of works, I just decided to vote for both:

No problems and Caller-ID problems.

7. Mar 1, 2007 #7 of 53
    Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Agreed. Just reminding folks that they CAN vote now and another poll will appear next week.

8. Mar 1, 2007 #8 of 53
    HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan Active Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I did not have to do a reset. So far I haven't had any problems.

9. Mar 1, 2007 #9 of 53
    Milominderbinder2

Oct 8, 2006
    Only 4 forced resets reported so far after the initial download...

-Craig

10. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    62 votes ... The report card usually tops off around 160, time for the other 100 to chime in.

11. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Saddened to have to vote "lockup" but hopefully it was a 1-time thing and this release will be as stable as others have been for me.

EDIT: Another bizarre problem this evening - MPEG4 local just up and disappeared. I posted on in the issue thread as well as Milominderbinder2's survey. I'm really surprised to have this many issues with a release that's essentially the same as 0x132.

12. hiltsy855

hiltsy855 AllStar

Jul 31, 2006
    I've had lipsync issues with live & recorded materail. I'll try a RBR to see if that helps.

13. 4DThinker

4DThinker Godfather

Dec 17, 2006
    Other than not being able to find anything worth watching, mine has worked great.

14. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    So far...good, but I'll wait to vote for a while......

15. Monty23

Monty23 Icon

Sep 16, 2006
    0x134 has been pretty good except trick play functions are still erradic at times. My biggest beef with the HR20 over the TiVo is the inability to be able to accurately fast forward through commercials and being able to resume play at the correct spot.

16. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    I voted no problems so far, because I'm not counting stuff they didn't intend to fix this time out, like the closed captioning issues.

17. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    So, Cap, is CC better now or is it pretty much the same?

18. jasonblair

jasonblair Icon

Sep 5, 2006
    I've had no problems... but I just got my HR-20 installed yesterday... the first thing it did was DL 134. My installer was a little pissed that he had to wait for it to install. It took a long time!

19. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    How long I have 2 being installed tomorrow

20. jfm

jfm Legend

Nov 29, 2006
    I knew better than fill out this pole after only one day of no problems. Had lockup coming out of Standby this morning :( . I posted it on 0x134 issues thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.