1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How is your Thursday going ?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Redster, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    In keeping with the last thread I started about the weekend. How is your Thursday going ?
    I got up and ready to go to work this morning at 5:30 am and walked out to my old F150 beast, lo and behold,, 2 flat tires on the rear. Why 2,, why not 1 that I could swap with the spare. Needless to say, the morning was not off to a good start. I broke out the jack and couldnt find the frigging jack handle. Neighbor has it but he is at work. I found an old chisel and vise grips,that fit but is taking forever to use, that got the truck up high enough to get one off, one half turn at a time. Swapped that out,, then moved to other side,, completely flat and too dang low for the jack to lift all the way,, up as high as I can go,, then block it,, lower jack,, prop that up,, go up some more and pull tire. I do have an air compressor but dont trust the tire. Its got 32lbs in it now and garage cant get me in until 10:15 or so I am sitting at home looking at the pool and twirling my thumbs while I wait. Truck is still up in the air so it doesnt put pressure on the tire. What a friggin way to start the day.
    So in honor of those horrible starts,, anyone else have bad morning stories to tell ? :nono2:

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I know how you feel. I had a flat tire one morning a few months ago. Luckily the leak was slow so I was able to fill the tire and get to the tire place. Was expecting to spend about $20 to have the tire fixed. The bill turned out to me $300! Turns out that nails were in both the back tires in spots that couldn't be fixed. I really hate it when you expect to spend a couple of bucks but end up spending the entire week's grocery money.

Another beef I have is people stealing stuff from my yard. The other morning I came out to find most of my solar powered lights missing. Apparently some teenagers thought it was funny. Still haven't recovered them. I moved to this brand new neighborhood last year and have had more stuff stolen here than I ever did in the 30 year old neighborhood I used to live in. Go figure.

3. Redster

Jan 14, 2004
    Coincidence to say the least. Last winter, all of my solar lights around the fishpond disappeared and our 2 yr old Japanese maple growing next to it,, just barely 3 foot high was broken in half. Ya gotta love it.

4. cdru

cdru Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2003
    While not theft, we have had a problem with vandals in our addition. I took my kids down to our park last night for them to work off some excess energy. Some knucklehead decided it would be cool to spraypaint a swastika on one of the clear bubble "viewports" that kids can look out of from the top of the structure.

5. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004

they probably thought it was weed! :D

6. Redster

Jan 14, 2004
    Well Chris,, I am not far behind ya. $198 , they had to replace both tires,, guess the sidewalls have started to crack and leak, I could see it when they covered with soapy water. Man, when it rains ,, it pours. Anyway,, the heck with the bills,, I am headed off to the fireworks store,, I may go short on food but the granddaughter will get the best fireworks this year. Her mom is going through divorce,, and I promised her the best show ever this year. With the new pool, hot dogs, chicken and fireworks,, she will be happy and that is what life is all about. :D

7. JBKing

JBKing Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Got a call from my wife at 11. Had to drive 40 miles to pick her up, the van stopped on her. Got it going, dumb enough to try to drive it home. Stopped about 20 miles from home. Waited over an hour for AAA tow to show up. Probably an alternator it appears. Now back and work, and having to make up for the 4 hours I missed. :(

It's been a great day so far! :rolleyes:

8. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    It's amazing that ANYTHING that's literally not tied down walks away from a construction site. The "Tow Away Zone" sign on the left in this picture was velcroed to the wall. A few days after I "installed" it it walked away all by it's lonesome. A TOW AWAY ZONE SIGN!!!It was a beautiful installation. I even put a level to it before pushing it in place. :rolleyes: I just don't get it. Numerous tools that the workers have put down have also walked away in the process of demolition. And of course ANY aluminum that comes down in the process disappears in the night. Of course all of the vanity sinks that I had been saving for Habitat for Humanity have walked away.

Attached Files:

9. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    It was Charlie's competition! :D

I also like that the address is 420! :alterhase didn't know R.K. was like that :icon_kiff

10. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Nah, Charlies is only a block away, the competition doesn't stand a chance.

I think I missed something. Must be getting old or some such thing.

11. JohnGfun

JohnGfun Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 16, 2004
    Its the national Smoke Out Time! 4:20pm!

Its when all the little Gangsta Teens Go Smoke Weed!

12. JohnGfun

Jan 16, 2004
    Today I was driving down a street and a guy just guns it out of his driveway and doesn't even look! Its a good thing I have strong bumpers, he had a broken tail light and my bumper was just scratched. Now this really pissed me off...He got out of his car, slammed the door shut, and starts screaming at me "What the hell were you thinking!" I was reaching over to my glove box getting my insurance card. I stepped out of my car, walked up to him and said "What did you just say" He goes, "your Fu**ing ass was driving down this street and you should have seen me coming!" At this point I was on the phone to the police. So we stood there and argued for a few minutes...Then he turned around and got in his car and started it. At that time the police pulled up and stropped him.

13. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    I spend most of my working hours in meetings (process is our most important product; on some days, it's our only product). Today was no exception. Our teenage daughters have reached the extreme mobility phase which means (in no particular order): gas card, cash, and an occasional smile/thanks! as they head out the door. We rarely see our 18 yo any more.

Wife had to take her motorcycle (Harley, of course, #5 in a continuing series of rapid-fire acquisitions) out for service, so we stopped into a great Eye-talian restaurant for dinner. After that, it was off to home, start the wash, and kick back and watch Chicago on Rave with the sound system cranked up. Oh yeah, had to feed Gus and Kramer (the cocker that rarely gets talked about, but is really one hell of a nice guy).

14. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    Must be those Florida People. The nice folks in Texas don't steal. :p

15. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    Thank God it's Friday!!!!!

:dance07: :uglyhamme

!pride

16. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Why not just feed Kramer to Gus? Solves two problems at once. :D

17. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Now there's an idea. Actually Gus is a VERY mellow cat who NEVER takes a swipe at Kramer, no matter what. It's pretty funny to see Kramer kick him out of the family room when Gus gets too much attention. Gus leaves him in the dust as soon as they hit the hardwood floors in the kitchen. Loss of traction for the dog, but Gus just keeps on bookin'. :lol:

18. JohnGfun

Jan 16, 2004
    Happy 4th of July Everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.