1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many boxes can you have on 1 dishnetwork account

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Davidjones, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Davidjones

Davidjones New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    How many boxes can you have on 1 dishnetwork account

2. NickF DISH

NickF DISH Guest

Dec 28, 2010
    You can have up to 3 leased receivers (3 HD tvs, 6 total tuners). If you want additional you would need to purchase the equipment.

3. Davidjones

Davidjones New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Thanks nick

4. Davidjones

Davidjones New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    But I have about 20 tvs is this still ok

5. NickF DISH

NickF DISH Guest

Dec 28, 2010
    That's a good question! I'm going to go check that for you.

6. NickF DISH

NickF DISH Guest

Dec 28, 2010
    Alright so what I found out is you can have up to 6 duo (12 tvs) receivers total. 3 of those receivers could be leased and then the additional 3 would be purchased. That's the max. If you have the 20 tvs I would have to get you in contact with a different department. Do you have a current account or looking to set up a new one?

7. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    20 TVs? What are you running, a bar?

8. Slamminc11

Slamminc11 Hall Of Fame

Jan 27, 2005
    a do it yourself brothel! :D

9. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    I would guess in either case, it would be considered a commercial establishment and the OP would need to get a business account.

20 TVs? Do they all need to be able to tune different channels? I would think 12 tuners ought to be sufficient for any family. If you have more than 10 kids, grandkids, nephews, nieces, and in-laws all living under one roof and none of them can stand any of the others long enough to watch TV in the same room with them, or even watch the same program in different rooms, then you have bigger problems than the number of Dish receivers you need.

10. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    The specs of the DPP44 say three can be trunked together. Wouldn't that mean a limit of twelve receivers possible? Not to say Dish would allow it.

11. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Dish has a *policy* limit of 6 receivers (which could serve up to 12 independent TVs) on residential accounts. This isn't a technical limitation, but a limitation created by Dish to help reduce the instances of "account stacking."

Commercial accounts often have many more receivers, but that's a different situation.

I'm sure Dish has a policy for *large* residential accounts, but there aren't very many of those, for other reasons, so it's not something that most folks are going to know off the top of their head.

12. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    20 TVS :eek2::eek2::eek2:

13. rtd2

rtd2 Legend

Oct 2, 2006
    at 7 bucks a month per box (after the first receiver...still 19!) not to mention any DVR fees,taxes,ect....His receiver FEES alone would be more than my WHOLE bill...Guess the economy aint so bad after all! :lol:

14. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Not to mention the power bill for running 20 TVs all the time.:sure:

15. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Well, I do have a location that has about 20 TVs in a combination of sizes, but that's an office building :p

Maybe OP is running a motel?

Yet another thread where too little information leads to speculation.

16. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    well u gotta think about the filthy rich in those large homes/mansions. believe it or not there are a LOT of them. i went to 1 house an they had 12 receivers. 7 in bedrooms, 1 in the bath, 1 in the theatre, 1 in the office, excercise rm, library, study and the maids quarters. course they had directv. hmm, my math is not good, make that 14. wait 15, there was another in the kids play area. some were singls others were duals. the dish feeds were split into 2 switches, an 8 port an a 16 port.

17. dnero

dnero AllStar

Feb 12, 2008
    Just put up 5 dishes and use 5 DPP44 switches and now you have 20 outputs pricey but if you have 20 tv's the sky is the limit.

18. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    If you get the bracket to use separate DP Dual LNBs, you can run 6 DPP44 switches off the same dish.

19. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    True, but due to Dish's normal limit on receivers, and the monthly receiver fees, most "big" accounts usually end up with DirecTV, whose policies and pricing are more accomidating to large accounts.

20. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    Also worth noting: 6 of the 12 TVs would be SD.

Just out of curiosity, what other "department" does he need to talk to and how many TVs will they support (not that I would ever need more than 6 receivers)?