1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many DVR can I have ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Robert Davies, May 9, 2018.

1. May 9, 2018 #1 of 11
    Robert Davies

Robert Davies New Member

May 9, 2018
    How Many DVR can I have in my home? I have 7 DVR now but I can only see six when I look at WholeHome in settings. It will only show 5 total always leaving one out. Tried resetting DVRs anybody knows whats going on? Thanks

2. May 9, 2018 #2 of 11
    inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    That screen is limited to showing five DVRs. Has nothing to do with how many you actually have. You can’t physically get more than five to show at one time on that screen. In fact if you look at each DVR you’ll probably find they all show a slightly different group of DVRs. As long as you can see recordings from all 7 then you are good. And you should have no issue with that. There is no definitive limit, although people report starting to have issues after 10 DVRs sometimes... and connecting more than that also becomes more complex on the wiring...

3. May 9, 2018 #3 of 11
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Record a show (the same show if you want) on each DVR. Then go to your List to see if you have those shows. If the same show, it should be there 7 times each containing the name of the DVR that recorded the show.

With the mobile app, it only shows 4 DVRs under the settings, but you can scroll down to see others. But there isn't a vertical scroll bar to let you know there are more DVRs.

4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have recorded Jeopardy on each DVR I have for years. I can immediately see if any HRs are not joining the others. Yeah, I end up with a lot of episodes (about 500 as I write this) but that's easy to take care of.

Rich

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have had 12 HRs running in my home. They all wouldn't stay on the MRV system at times but resetting all of them in sequence always works. 12 is pushing it...right now I have 7 on MRV and it's pretty reliable.

Rich

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Wow. Why not limit each unit to keeping 5 recordings? Or less...

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I dump the whole thing from time to time. 500 episodes is only 250 hours spread over 8 HRs. Not really that much.

Rich

8. Robert Davies

Robert Davies New Member

May 9, 2018
    Thanks for the quick replies guys. This helps out a lot. Again Thanks!

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    D* is all about money. The more DVRs you have the more money D* makes. Why would they care how many DVRs anyone has?

Rich

10. codespy

codespy What....Aaron and Danica? Uggggg...... DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    Um....did you just say something about a bunch of DVR's?

...and why is my wallet so empty? ;)

11. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I do have a "bunch" of HRs, some activated, some just sitting on a shelf. Should be about 12, all owned.

Rich