1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many Raycom ACC network games are in HD?

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Ice Runner, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Ice Runner

Ice Runner Legend

Sep 30, 2008
    This is my first basketball season with an HDTV, and I was disappointed to see that the first ACC Raycom game -- Clemson at N.C. State -- is not in HD. Is this something I'll have to get used to?

The ACC Sunday night FSN games have been in HD

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I am going to move this to the sports programming forum.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I am watching the MD vs. GT game via OTA and mine is in 16x9 but I don't think it is HD. At least it does not look like HD.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    NC State vs Clemson is HD here in WRAL in Raleigh.

Raycom isn't doing all of their games in HD yet, but look to be doing at least one per weekend and a couple during the week for the regular season... but not all local affiliates are equipped to handle their feed.

Check with your local affiliate and see if they are receiving the HD feed from Raycom or not.

5. Ice Runner

Ice Runner Legend

Sep 30, 2008
    Thanks. My Raycom affiliate had all the football games in HD, so that's weird.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    No problem... FYI, over at AVSforum I had asked this question prior to today's game and someone there posted a nice link of Raycom's scheduled games with HD annotations

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-baskbl/09raycomschedule.html

That doesn't help answer why your affiliate wasn't carrying today's game in HD... but at least a reference point of what should be in HD vs ones that will not.