1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many RG6 lines from the dish?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by nybill38, Aug 26, 2012.

1. nybill38

nybill38 AllStar

Jan 25, 2009
    Hello

I'm thinking of getting the Hopper/Joey system. When I had the house built I had them prewire 1 dedicated sat cable to an On Q distribution box.

For the Hopper/joey will this 1 cable to the panel work? Or do I need 2 cables?

2. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The Hopper/Joey system works on a central hub system with a single cable run to each receiver. If all of your cables run directly to a central location and there is room for the hub in that location you should be fine.

The cabling from that location to the dish is two cables for a single Hopper system or three cables for a dual Hopper system.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Check diagrams here www.dishuser.org

BoBaBird, please check hopper PhP - something wrong there...

4. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    As long as all you need is one Hopper in your system you can get away with one cable. The node gets installed outside and a tap and splitter in your OnQ box. Not my favorite way to install them (extra cable length between receivers and node can decrease MoCA signal strength) but it is a technically acceptable install method.

5. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Definitely a problem. The file either doesn't exist or the path is incorrect. I get a "Connection was Reset" massage when trying to access it.:(

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    He is warned and working with a host.