1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to correlate sat/xponder with channel# ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by cabito, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabito

cabito New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    CA
    Is there a link somewhere that shows the correspondence between Sat/Xponder and Channel number?
    Thanx.

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    That first link is good for chnl to sat/TP correlation. However, the other links only show chnl to sat assignments, no TPs.

3. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Do channel checks. ..............monitor general signal levels on the transponders. They are more significant to note their changes from day to day. All should be above 70 and 90s is common. DTV shifts stuff. If you find a channel absent check the transponders....look out the window for a sky check.

Joe

4. chuckg

chuckg AllStar

Sep 14, 2007
  5. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    when i had troubles after my hr20 install, not even 2nd level tech could tell me what channels were on which transponders. (i had intermittent 0 readings).

And the installer told me they only check like 5 channels upon install to make sure things are tuned in right (obviously this wasn't enough in my case)

6. randyk47

randyk47 Icon

Aug 21, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    I've more or less stopped worrying about specific TP's on a given satellite and look more at the overall signal strength for the satellite. My impression, and I may be totally out to lunch on this, is that DirecTV does move signal around to different TP's on a satellite. I've seen TP's showing 90+ one day or week and NA or 0 the next and then back again. During none of this "switching" have I seen a degradation in picture quality or availability of a channel. Another thing I've noticed is occasionally I'll get signal strength out of the 99 satellite. Since that's not the source of my spot beam it always strikes me as curious when all of a sudden I'll see TP 1 light up with a 90+ signal. Of course, it never stays that way and usually within a day or two I'm back to no 99 signal but it does happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.