1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to fix "no inf" problem???

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jonji777, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonji777

jonji777 New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    im new to all this so i dont know how to repair this...can some1 help???....i have a webtv 7100 receiver...i read i had to do a chk switch or a power cycle to fix it......can some1 explain how???....thx 4 ur help:)

2. pheroy

pheroy Cool Member

Apr 23, 2002
    (Assumption: your problem is that when pausing or rewinding live TV, your DishPlayer displays "No Information" and won't show the buffer, only the live signal.)

In my experience a power cycle won't fix this problem. It takes a switch check to prompt the 44 hour guide download.

3. jonji777

jonji777 New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    no, my problem is that all the channels display a no inf screen except the ones on transponder 20....how do i power cycle and switch check??? thx

4. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Go to the home screen

Click on Settings
    Click on Hooking Up
    Click on Multiple Dishes
    Click on Multi-Dish Switch

Wait for the switch to setup then click Done and it will download a new guide.

5. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Turn off your receiver, wait for the green light to stop flashing, push 7 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 5 - 0 - 0 - 0, all lights should flash twice. If they don't, push "Options" and try again until they do. This SHOULD fix your problem

6. jonji777

jonji777 New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    thx guys, ill try it.....

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    One too many 2 s there Mark. But if a switch check does not work Marks's advice is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.