1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get the best deal from dish.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Innova, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Innova

Innova New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    I currently have a HD Reciever (811) and SD reciever (311). I would like to get the Silver HD Pack, and the 622 for the best deal possible.

I see that Dish has a deal for new people upgrading to the hdpack. Do you think that if I called in and said that I was interested in the 622, but was concerned about the Tivo lawsuit, I could get the $20/mo credit?

What group/number is best to call when looking for the best deal from Dish? Customer Retention?

Any other tips?

2. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    The best advertised deal for you right now to get the 622 would be, pay the $199 ViP622 fee to get a leased ViP622 and upgrade to the HD Silver pack. This would, give you ultimately $100.00 back. You could also return your 811 to DISH for a $25.00 credit. If you own the 811 you could always choose to sell it independently and perhaps get more for it.

Other than that your only other option would be to contact the customer retention group you mention, or the Executive Office at ceo@echostar.com and see if you personally could get a better deal. Can you get a better deal? I don't know.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Just an aside... why do a lot of people automatically go for the "how can I threaten to get a better deal" option?

I would never threaten to leave in order to get a better deal... by the time I an unsatisfied enough to be threatening to cancel, there really isn't much they can do to keep me as it is too late.

Any time I have been with a company and called and asked to cancel, I meant it. I didn't want a deal or a cookie... I was so fed up I wanted to go elsewhere.

4. Innova

Innova New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Because I'm cheap? ;)

Seriously, I agree with what you are saying. I'm not going to threaten to leave. If I was going to leave, I would do just as you say. But I am....frugal. So I want to make sure that I get the best deal that they are offering. It can be confusing with all of the different promotions, etc.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I completely understand trying to get the best deal possible. I believe, for the moment, there are only a couple of deals (depending on the receiver model) and its the same deal for new or existing customers, again depending on the model and if you trade in something or whatever as part of the upgrade/offer scenario.

As always, something better may come down the road depending on just how much you want/need to jump now. I'm still waiting, and the deals have been steadily getting better since Feb 1st as many of us predicted... Early-birds get the cool stuff first... but pay more... so if you can wait, you usually save a few bucks. That's a big part of why I have not yet upgraded myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.