How To Log In to Direct TV Account

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by etexlady, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Sep 1, 2020 #1 of 20
    etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    I've spent a couple of hours trying to log in to the Direct TV website. Yes, I know ATT owns the service now and I've tried logging in to my DTV account from that website but it only seems to know about my wireless services. Apparently the two services have not been linked and the tv account is no longer accessible. I really don't want to call customer service. What am I doing wrong?

2. Sep 2, 2020 #2 of 20
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You might have to make that call. I know that website is terrible, the phone call might be the path of least resistance.

Rich

3. Sep 2, 2020 #3 of 20
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Since AT&T purchased DIRECTV I have payed my DIRECTV bill at our area AT&T store. All I had to provide was my account number and the amount due. Pretty simple until yesterday when I tried to pay my DIRECTV bill. AT&T rep asked for my "pass code" after providing him with my account number and the amount due. Pass code? What pass code? AT&T never issued me a pass code. All you need is my account number to allow me to make a payment on my account. Rep told me AT&T changed the way for their stores to allow DIRECTV customers to pay their bill and they needed my pass code. I asked to speak with the store manager. After we explained the situation to him he and the rep spent nearly ten minutes on their store computer and then the manager said I could make my payment without a pass code. How in the Hell did AT&T ever become the monster company they are when all they're really good at is turning gold into lead and demonstrating they can f*** up the Lord's Prayer during a Sunday Sermon is beyond me!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    ericknolls likes this.
  4. Sep 3, 2020 #4 of 20
    shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I was glad to see I’m not the only one with this problem. I can, after a lot of attempts, log on to ATT but all I have access to there is my wireless account, nothing to do with my tv/directv account. I tried their chat option but it was simply an automated function that took me back to my wireless account. I wish I was still in touch with Directv rather than ATT. But that hasn’t been the case for a couple of years. Oh well.

5. Sep 3, 2020 #5 of 20
    JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    There was another thread on this same subject. I posted the solution that works for me. Go ahead and let the login access your wireless account. Then click "log out" and re-try the link to your DirecTV account. This works repeatedly for me.

6. Sep 3, 2020 #6 of 20

242424 AllStar

Mar 22, 2012
    I got this link from the person on twitter because the USPS took weeks to get my payment to them and I couldn't login to pay online. It's an ATT but it works for DTV payments too.

https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/fastpay

7. Sep 3, 2020 #7 of 20
    Rob37

Rob37 Active Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I pay my DIRECTV bill at my local AT&T Store. We have 2 payment kiosks there where you can pay your DIRECTV bill or your phone bill at that kiosk. I just paid my bill yesterday there. Been paying my bill that way now for about 4 years since 2016 and all I need is my DIRECTV account number which I type in on the kiosk screen and after I put my money in, it prints me out a receipt. Very easy way to pay your DIRECTV bill and don't have to wait on a worker there to wait on me.

Rich likes this.
  8. Sep 3, 2020 #8 of 20
    stevester23

stevester23 Mentor

Sep 4, 2011
    I normally get billed on the 15th of the month. I still have not received my bill from August 15th. When I log in there is a zero balance showing and my last statement showing is from July 15th. I’ve called Directv 4 times and no one can give an explanation. Have been a customer since 2002 and have never had this issue.

9. Sep 3, 2020 #9 of 20
    shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    The CSR I spoke to today about having trouble accessing my directv account online fixed it. It turns out my IPad was using username that was keyed into my wireless account. When I changed the username to my email address, everything was set straight. Still, I hate the ATT web page for my directv account. Much less info there to look through. I miss the days when I dealt with directv directly.

10. sammib

sammib AllStar

Jun 13, 2007
    Cannot log into my DTV account. All efforts end up going to ATT login. Att stuff is land line and
    internet. Tried about everything. Called DTV CSR said he had no problem with his own DTV and
    att accounts. Could not help me. Anybody out there have any ideas?

11. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I was unable to log into my Directv account for a long time. Finally when my autopay was up, I was able to get in that way. It is very convoluted and back-ass-wards. On the main screen, it doesn't show anything about Directv, that it's "unavailable" or whatever and to refresh and sign out and sign back in. There is no way to access anything from just signing into at&t. The only way to get into anything Directv related that I have found is to use a direct-link in an email they send.

12. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    When my account was switched from DirecTV, where I always logged in with a username/password, to AT&T I could not login using my DirecTV username/password. I had to login with the email address assigned to my DirecTV account with the same password. Give that a try if you haven't tried it that way yet.

13. JimmyKat

JimmyKat New Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Davison, MI
    Subscribers that are having a hard time signing in to DirecTV and have AT&T wireless. I had this problem myself on Firefox, but if i go to chrome, etc. it shows direcTV not AT&T website. Hope you understand what i'm talking about, Good Luck!

14. etexlady

etexlady AllStar

Oct 21, 2007
    Original poster here. I finally went the chat route and the agent was able to set it up so I can access my directv account via myattcom. I have a passcode for my wireless info and a different one for DTV. Not exactly seamless but I can at least now see my information. She did ask for a PIN number which I knew nothing about but she apparently was able to work around it. I think it would have been impossible for me to do this successfully on my own so just do a chat session and let them fix it. By the way, I use Chrome so that was not a factor in my case.

15. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    ATT in general is terrible right now!!! today i was locked out of my acct and i didn't go in there at all today. i gotten a letter telling me i canceled my service and telling me how to return my boxes so i won't get charged for em. the kicker is i never canceled my service!!! and if i do i will file and FCC report against em to avoid the ETF for something that's not my fault...

16. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    You have more issues then anyone I have seen. I think that counts 3 times now you have said your account was cancelled

17. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i blame it on ATT. i did find out what happened with that ordeal. the installer marked it as i would send the old genie back and not that he took it with him wich he did..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  18. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i just pay it online and i'm done with it;)

19. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I thought that happened to you weeks ago

20. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    it did when they swapped the genie out for another one of the same. then i was upgraded to the genie 2. the rep told me why i got the letter in the mail was because the tech didn't mark it off in the system correctly and the system thought that i was going to fedex it back to them even though he took it with him when he left. so it was a tech screw up!!!