1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove bookmarks ?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tiger Tony, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    I placed a bookmark in the wrong spot in a show I recorded. Now I'm trying to remove it and I can't seem to figure it out.

Can someone please help me out here.

Thanks!

2. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    If I'm not mistaken, I think you jump to that bookmark, hit pause, then the Red button for delete.

3. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    Bookmarks? We have bookmarks? How do you access them?

Thanks

4. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    During any show that is recorded, or currently recording (cant be live TV), you can add bookmarks to spots that you can access later with Skip to Tick and a couple of other ways. At the spot where you'd like to add the bookmark, press Pause, then the Green button. You'll see a little "dip" mark in your timeline showing the bookmark. You can then access that mark like you can any other tick location (like 15 or 30 minute marks) in your timeline.

5. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    No that is the first thing I tried. It doesn't work. But thanks anyway. Hopefully someone will know how to do this.

6. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    Here you go Tiger - from a previous post:

"I have little luck going to the bookmark and deleting it that way.

I prefer to use the menu to get to the bookmarks and you can highlight the bookmark and then do a double-dash to delete it. Works every time.

This is also a quicker way to get to a bookmark. Whenwatching the program, hit menu, select bookmarks,pick the one you want and select. Much quicker way to get to a bookmark that is several ticks away. Since I learned that trick, I never use the skip to tick method to get to a bookmark."

Also shows other functions for using bookmarks besides the Skip to Tick, which a lot of people don't like ;)

7. mtnagel

mtnagel Hall Of Fame

Sep 18, 2006
    When watching the program, press MENU and scroll to bookmarks. Highlight you one you want to delete and press DASH twice.

ETA: Too slow. Damn work getting in the way :)

8. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    That's it!!! Thanks it worked and thanks for tipping me off about selecting bookmarks from the menu. I never even knew that existed :)

Now I'll be able to watch my recording of Dickey Betts and The Great Southern and go straight to my 3 favorite songs. Rambling Man, In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed and Jessica.

Thanks again this was important to me.:)

9. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
  10. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    No prob. Yeah works especially well with concerts etc. I use it a lot for that. Big Allman Bros. fan myself BTW ;)

11. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    I gotta remind myself to post your link when this happens Craig ;)
    Would save you from having to do it all the time! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.