1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to remove OTA'S from HD Guide listing?

Discussion in 'DISH™ OTA Support and Discussion Forum' started by jskipton, Oct 23, 2010.

1. jskipton

jskipton New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    I have 722K receiver and the OTA'S appear in the HD listing of the Guide. I don't want them there and have set up a new favorites list with them, but I cannot remove them from the HD Listing. Help.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Only way to remove them is to delete the ota channels from the receiver.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    If you go into the Menu to Local Channels, select "from satellite" and the OTA channels will go away.

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    The only way to remove channels from the built-in preset lists is to lock or hide them... but that would lock/hide them from any custom favorites lists as well.

To accomplish what the OP wants... he really needs to make his own custom "HD" list and include everything but the OTA channels in that one and just stop using the built-in HD listing.

5. jskipton

jskipton New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    That's not the answer I was looking for but appears to be the only solution.

Thanks for the input.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You're welcome...

Basically those built-in lists are hard-coded to show anything you subscribe to that isn't blocked. Sometimes you even see some green/red things that you don't subscribe to... but you're pretty much stuck with them as they are.

I made my own custom favorites list and only rarely look at the built-in ones.