1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set up new account in son's name

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by gumbysucks, May 2, 2012.

1. gumbysucks

gumbysucks New Member

May 1, 2012
    My adult son recently moved back in , and wants to set us up with the new hd 5 signal recorder, and hd receiver. (in his name thru costco) I have been a directv customer for years, with no contract. How do we set this up? Directv says my account must be cancelled before he signs up?? So no tv for a week or 2 until install? Any help or suggestions?

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    He would have to sign up for an account however be warned that DIRECTV may flag the new account and not allow it to be installed. Have you called up to see what options are available to you?

3. gumbysucks

gumbysucks New Member

May 1, 2012
    Haven't checked on upgrading my account, he thought it would be cheaper for him to setup and take care of billing in his name. I have checked forums and no one is getting close to what new customers get, and he would be a new customer.

4. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Shades is correct, there are new safeguards in place for this kind of thing. You could end up without service untill it is investigated. But do as you will.