1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howard Stern on Demand?!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by scb2k, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Nov 1, 2007 #1 of 26
    scb2k

scb2k AllStar

Sep 22, 2007
    Do you guys think that maybe soon we could be getting Howard Stern on Demand?? :D

2. Nov 1, 2007 #2 of 26
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Write to Howard Stern... ask them to talk to DirecTV to get on their service
    Write to DirecTV.... ask them to talk to Howard Stern to get them on the service

3. Nov 1, 2007 #3 of 26
    scb2k

scb2k AllStar

Sep 22, 2007
    I will for sure!! Would love to finally be able to watch Howard Stern on Direct TV!

Thanks Earl!

4. Nov 1, 2007 #4 of 26
    Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
    Yeah, just keep hammering them with emails or better yet call in, get on the show, and ask Howard directly. I know he would be all for it, but In Demand might say no maybe. No one knows for sure unless you hear it from the horses mouth.

5. Nov 1, 2007 #5 of 26
    Hoffer

Hoffer AllStar

Jun 18, 2007
    I download the show off usenet right now. To be honest, I think I have 60 GBs of shows on my hdd. I download them, but never watch them. I did the same with the E! channel show. I've already heard the episode. 90% of the time I don't really care to see what it going on.

6. Nov 1, 2007 #6 of 26
    Force3dFX

Force3dFX Cool Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Howard tv would be a great addition, with one slight change, AN ABSOLUTE BAN ON ALL SIOBHAN.

7. Nov 2, 2007 #7 of 26
    doubledown11

doubledown11 New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Is there a conflict of interest? Since D* has XM and Dish has Sirius? Maybe if and when the merger goes through?
    I would definitely pay for a couple of episodes of HowardTV.

8. Nov 2, 2007 #8 of 26
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut AllStar

Apr 5, 2007
    HowardTV is on inDemand and I believe inDemand is owned by the cable companies. Doubt they will let it happen.

9. Nov 9, 2007 #9 of 26
    Force3dFX

Force3dFX Cool Member

Sep 23, 2007
    you are probably right, although with Howards experience with terrestrial media he might have a pretty open deal and be able to distribute on his own. I defiently will contact them.

10. StlChief

StlChief AllStar

Nov 9, 2007
    I have heard several times where callers complained about this on the show. Howard's reponse is always that its not technically possible to do inDemand over satellite.

I don't know if that's true, but if/when they do finally offer it over Directv, I will be all over it.

11. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Since DirecTV's on-Demand is not via SAT, that may not be the case anymore.

Write and call Howard Stern, and let them know you want to see them on DirecTV's DoD

12. UTVLamented

UTVLamented Legend

Oct 18, 2006
    Count me in as someone who would sign up immediately if D* ever offered this. I had HowardTv when I had Cablevision for a brief time last year. It was great (the shows are completely uncensored, no bleeps or tiles) but cable's on Demand trick play is terrible, very slow fast forward. This would not be an issue with D*'s implementation.

I threw Cablevision out after on Demand stopped working and after investing 10 hours on support calls and changing equipment and waiting for a tech to show up (but didn't).

13. rutgersfan

rutgersfan AllStar

Dec 17, 2006
    Howard is the only thing cable has that D* doesn't offer. But as huge a fan of Howard's I am, there is no way I switch to crappy cable. Hopefully he comes to DoD. But for now, listening on Sirius is enough. We just need to all write to Stern about it.

14. jackmehoffer

jackmehoffer New Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Can you briefly describe to me how I can download these shows that you are talking about?

I too am a big Stern fan and wish D* could hammer out a deal with Howard TV now that On Demand programming is becoming possible.

Baba Booey to you all.

15. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    The problem is that inDemand is the one that produces and films all of Howard's shows. He does not own any of the cameras, production equipment, etc. and has very little say over what they put up for consumption. He is like a reality family letting a crew from Discovery film him, instead of an independent production.

They are a pure cable option and will most likely never sell their exclusive content to DirecTV or Dish. Howard does not understand all of this; he just says what he is told to by the inDemand folks.

16. JBrown07

JBrown07 New Member

May 3, 2008
    Wisegoat is correct about Howard TV On Demand, it is owned by iN Demand Networks which is in turn owned by Comcast, Time Warner, Cox and Bright House. Also another reason DirecTV may not add Howard TV On Demand is due to it being a Subscription On Demand service that retails for $9.99/month on cable. From my impression DirecTV On Demand has only free content aside from PPV content.

Cable also has an exclusive HD network as well, Mojo HD which is also in turn owned by iN Demand Networks.

17. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Do you honestly believe that? As the self proclaimed 'King Of All Media', Poodle Head should understand that just fine. Howie does what's best for Howie, if he felt he could cash in with D*s on demand service, he'd be all over it.

18. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    I'm pretty glad Howard isn't on DIRECTV On Demand.

19. scb2k

scb2k AllStar

Sep 22, 2007
    Why are you glad? It would be a premium channel and you would not have to pay it... so not sure the reason you would be glad.... :confused:

20. ironwood

ironwood Icon

Sep 20, 2007
    He must be one of them Stern-haters.