1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR 10-250. Do I need anything else?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Jackal, Jul 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackal

Jackal Cool Member

Jun 10, 2003
    I want to be ready when my HD Tivo arrives. I have a triple LNB dish on the roof and am receiving a good signal on all three satellites. I am currently receiving HD programming on my Samsung HD receiver and SD programming on the leased receiver from DirectTv. The HD Tivo is going to replace the Samsung HD unit. I know I have to run an additional coax for the two tuner HD Tivo. Here is my question: Do I need a different switch? Or are the triple LNB dishes already set up to accept more that two cables? I think I read somewhere that the triple LNB dishes have a built in switch. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jackal

2. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    a tri-LNB dish already has a bult-in multi-switch.
    "leased receiver from DirectTv."-what is this? DirecTV doesn't lease receivers and they haven't for many years. I haven't heard of anyone is quite a few years that still has a leased receiver, as I think they made people buy them out when they canceled the program.

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Jackal,

The triple LNB dish should have 4 leads/connections. If you are connecting 4 or fewer cables to the dish, you should not need any additional switches. From what I read, it sounds like you're running two cables from it now. You should be just fine adding another cable with no additional equipment.

Enjoy your HR10-250! The ooh-aah factor in my house has been BIG!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.