1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HR-20 OTA question RE: quality of antenna + options

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Brian Hanasky, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky Godfather

Feb 22, 2008
    I'm sorry if this has been answered previously but what are the current thoughts re: the state of antennas for OTA. I have seen indoor and outdoor but most talk about having to adjust seeming all the time. I have DNS service so don't so much need locals (which aren't offered) but the idea of being able to DVR the local news seems nice as well as some occasional high school football games.

I appreciate all responses. Sorry about the wordy thread title. Have a good one. :)

2. K4SMX

K4SMX Hall Of Fame

May 19, 2007
    You could learn a lot at the AVSForum:

The Official AVS Antenna Topic!

Start with somewhere in the latter part of last year or use the Search function....

3. bhelton71

bhelton71 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

Mar 7, 2007

I looked up a zip for Shadyside - got 43947

Anyway if you go to http://www.antennaweb.org and punch that in it looks like you have 2 digital stations: 7-1 and 9-1. Depending on where you live in relation to the 2 you probably wouldn't need to adjust ever ? You should put in your exact address and see what it gives you for degrees and distance.

4. K4SMX

K4SMX Hall Of Fame

May 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.